Chapter 16 (Crimson)

||I'm probably using Crimson too much but that's actually the point. Just so you know.||

Shadow... He's all i could think about. Yesterday... It could only mean one thing. He lost his memories again. Wherever he is, i have to find him and when i do, I'll make him go back to his senses. Hopefully, we'll see each other again soon.

I left the hangar and into my dorm. I sat on the bed and started meditating. I saw images. Images of him fighting with and against Sonic.

I went deeper into meditation until i could sense him. His Chaos Energy is all i need to track him.

Soon i felt his presence. In my meditation, it feels as though we were two parts of one person.

What he see is what i see and what he hear is what i hear. What he thinks... Is what i have to read.

"Those strangers act like they met me from somewhere before. But when? And where?" He said to himself.

"When, is when we were in the other planet." Said one of Eggman's robots.

"As for where, it was on Space Colony ARK." Said another robot.

Then i heard Eggman talking. "I think it's better if Shadow's past, stay forgotten."

That little... "What does that supposed to mean?" Asked Shadow.

"Nothing."

"You're hiding something doctor."

"Are you saying i would try to deceive you? Why i had never been so insulted in my life! I won't tell you anything then!" He said.

For an evil genius, he's a total idiot. And apparently, Rouge was thinking the same thing.

"Eggy here needs to go back to school and work on his lying lessons." She said.

Then a Materax ship appeared out of nowhere and Eggman lied to Shadow to get him to fight the ship.

Shadow fought and caused strong vibrations to get the ship destroyed from the inside. But somehow he ran out of energy.

I looked over at his wrist and saw that he wasn't wearing his Inhibitor Rings. That made sense now.

When the blast hit Eggman's ship, my eyes shot open instantly and i fell off my bed. "Ow!" I panted. Not because of the pain on my head, but because of what i felt.

Eggman's ship was destroyed... Wasn't it? So why do i still feel Shadow's presence... Like I'm still connected with him. I sat on my bed again and continue meditating. Then i found the answer.

Shadow used Chaos Control. And now... He's close! Really close!

I broke off the connection and head for the hangar. As it turns out, i've been in meditation for longer than expected. The Materax ship was right in front of the Blue-Typhoon.

We tried to make the Materax think that it destroyed us but it wasn't convinced.

The Materax are strong but most of all, they're smart. Deceiving them won't be easy.

But at least one part of the plan work. Sonic, Amy and Knuckles are on pursuit.

They used the stuffs to block the Materax's arsenal. And it ended up blasting itself.

The Materax didn't give up. Instead, it sped to the Blue-Typhoon and plans to crash it.

"Hurry Tails!" I shouted at him.

"I'm trying! We don't have enough power!" He said. Oh this is just great.

We can't get away in time. Then, just when everyone thought it was all over, a blast hit the Materax and it was blown away.

We looked up and saw Shadow on top of the glass of the hangar. He gave me a glimpse before he dashed off and started shaking the Materax like he did before.

Eggman appeared as well and he explained something about a trapdoor but i didn't pay attention. I kept staring at Shadow and soon, Sonic joined in.

I used my powers to warp outside the ship to get a closer look. Yeah, i can warp without an emerald. It's one of the ways for me to disappear. I'm a Cheshire, what do you expect?

Sonic and Shadow blew up the engine room. Amy tried to convince it to surrender but well, it didn't work of course. Instead, the ship started to overload and is about to self destruct! Everyone was panicking. Even Dr. Eggman.

I looked at Shadow and we were both thinking the same thing.

I had a fake emerald with me ever since i got here but i didn't bother to tell the others. Even if it's fake, it can still be used.

"Chaos... CONTROL!" We stopped time on the Materax.

"What did you do?" Asked Knuckles.

"We stopped time from advancing around the ship. We have 90 seconds." Said Shadow.

Then Eggman and his robots started counting down and i resisted the urge to destroy they're ship personally... At least for the time being.

"If you wanna disarm it, you better hurry." I said to Sonic.

They used the Sonic Power Canon and Chris made a Warp Field around the Materax. The ship disappeared and Eggman fled along with Shadow and Rouge.

I was about to go after then when Sonic grabbed my shoulder. He shook his head at me and i sighed. "He doesn't remember... Does he?"

He shook his head and i sighed again. I warped back to my own dorm and took out that fake Chaos Emerald. I guess i used up too much of it's power because it's shattered now. No matter.

One thing is for sure, this won't be the last time i see them.