Chapter 15 (Crimson)

I looked out a small window by the hangar. I've been with Sonic for a total of 3 days and still no sign of Shadow or Rouge, and that was what worried me. What had happened while I'm gone? What happened to Shadow and Rouge? How long has this battle been going on? I sighed. "I shouldn't have left."

"Why did you leave?" a voice asked me. I jumped a bit then relaxed when I realized it was Cosmo.

"Hey there Cosmo." I said.

She smiled. "Tails told me about the adventures he had with you. Then he said that you disappeared after battling someone named Mephiles."

"Uh yeah." I said laughing slightly. "I had to take care of some things for a while."

"What kind of things?" Cosmo asked.

"Just... stuffs." I said shrugging. She looked at me weirdly and I sighed. "I had a run in with a few old enemies. That's it."

"Really?" she insisted.

"Yeah, that's it. Only this guy is MY rival so I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. ok?" I said sighing. She raised an eyebrow in confusion and I groaned. "Cosmo, are you trying to read me or something? Some things about me are better to NOT know." Cosmo seemed surprised a bit but then just shrugged and left. I can sense Tails and Sonic watching me from a distance but I didn't mind it. Instead, I just kept staring out into empty space. I felt a sudden energy surge and blinked. "The Chaos Emeralds are in space?" I asked.

"Yeah." said Tails. "We've been hunting them down for a while."

"So I see." I said. I let out a laugh. "I guess no matter what kind of enemy it is, we're all always after the same thing."

"You got that right." said Knuckles. We ended up laughing. Then the radar went off.

"Hey! It's another one!" Said Tails. "I'll call Chris up to the hangar."

Soon, Chris came and he didn't look so good. He had mantioned it was just a nightmare but i doubt it. While the rest are busy, i took an opportunity to look into Chris' mind.

I saw images of him on the ARK and also... Shadow? He's dead? Again? How did that happen? No... Wait... On earth, it had been 6 yeard when the battle on the ARK happened! 3 years later, Rouge freed him before they faced Metal Sonic. After that, we faced Black Doom and his minions. Then, a year after, we've been working for GUN and then we faced Mephiles. After that, i went off for about a year. So that means that he's probably with Eggman. But even so... Does this mean that Shadow is in stasis? This is not a good sign.

"Hey Crimson!"

I jumped. "What the hell?!" I looked and saw Cream and Cheese then i sighed. "Cream, please don't do that ever again! You almost gave me a heart attack..."

"Sorry Crimson, it's just, you looked like you were just lost..." She said.

I sighed again. "I'm fine. Just worried about Shadow is all."

"Oh. Ok. But don't worry too much, I'm sure they'll show up soon." Said Cream, then she skipled away.

I sighed. "If only it was that simple." Then i grinned at myself. "Although, if it was, things wouldn't be fun anymore."

We arrived at a planet and started looking for the emerald. Although, every time i got close to Chris, the Inhibitor Ring around my neck seemed to heat up, but not to the point where it'll hurt. Does he have one? I shook that thought off. Right now i have to focus on more important things.

We went to some kind of haunted house and went in. We kept searching but it was like a maze in here. We all got seperated so we try to get out. I was alone and since i was getting sick of this mess, i burst out from the walls. Only... They weren't walls, everything was made of sand. And the sand was alive!

We got out and battled it but if was too strong for us. Then, i don't know what happened but the monster was taken down. On the top of the roof of the house, we saw a black figure... Shadow? How did he get here? He had 2 Chaos Emeralda with him too! One of them must be the one we're looking for.

"Shadow?" I called out. He looked at me then turned away. I know what that means. "Shadow, wait!"

Too late. "Chaos Control." Then he disappeared.

I guess he really did have amnesia again. I stood up and looked at the moon of the planet.

The next time we see each other, i swear I'll help you no matter what. Then, Eggman won't be controling you like this ever again.