Chapter 17 (Crimson)

I didn't come out of my dorm since. I had been in meditation for over a day and i still couldn't find anything. All i saw was empty, black space. I flew threw the void, looking for both the Chaos Emerald and Shadow.

Soon enough, i found both. Shadow was somewhere near 2 Chaos Emeralds. I went to tell the others but it seems they already know.

The Chaos Emeralds were in a Materax ship. We had to work together with Eggman to get it. There will be 2 teams. One of them will shut off the security while the other gets the Chaos Emeralds.

Sonic and Eggman agreed for the emeralds to be finders-keepers. As for the team to hack the security, it'll be Shadow, Rouge, Chris and me.

Chris had made Inhibitor Rings for Shadow and he accepted them. We went into tube and Shadow used Chaos Control to get us in.

We started looking and we passed a Materax security drone... Although, Shadow just warped. Chris and i giggled a bit.

"Typical Shadow." I said to myself.

"What does that suppose to mean?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Let's just keep looking Shad."

Soon, Rouge spoke up. "Say, why don't we split up to look for that Control Room?"

"No." Said Shadow. "The doctor wants us to stay together."

"Oh really?" Rouge said sarcastically.

I walked over to Shadow. "It's about her stealing the emeralds, isn't it?" I whispered. He nodded ever so slightly and chuckled. "Some things never change."

We started looking around again when Rouge spoke up. "Remember back on Prison Island?" She asked Chris. He was there at that time? I probably just didn't notice because i watched from afar.

"Oh yeah." Chris said. "The situation was pretty explosive but i manage to follow you guys out."

"I was kinda scared that Shadow would leave me there." Rouge said. "And do you remember what happened next?"

"Space Colony ARK?" I asked.

"Exactly." Said Chris.

"Say Shadow," began Rouge. "Wasn't that the home of your friend Maria?"

"Maria?!" Shadow instantly went onto his knees with his hands on his head. I rushed over to him, glaring at Rouge as she flew off.

What was she thinking? I read through her. She went that far just for the Chaos Emeralds?! Rouge... And to think that she was the one who made this team.

I mean sure, we won't want Eggman to have it but to trick Shadow like that... I always thought they were a... Nevermind. Shadow was on his feet and we both went after her.

She got attacked by some droids but we helped took care of it.

"Don't run off." Said Shadow sternly.

"Since you put it that way..." Said Rouge.

Chris then found the control room and we head in. When he mentioned it runs the whole security system, Shadow, Rouge and i all had the same thing in mind.

We started destroying the power systems for the security.

Soon, the computer shut down, and so did security. It was up to the rest of them to get to the Chaos Emeralds... But still. I can't help feeling that Eggman isn't gonna keep his word... As usual.

We followed Shadow out and ran through the hall ways. I sensed a power growing and each step i took made it feels stronger. There's no doubt, it's a Chaos Emerald!