Chap 8 (Crimson)

Soon, we found an emerald and we walked around a bit. Rouge seemed haply with the emerald... A little too happy...

"My precious Chaos Emerald. You are all so beautiful." She said. "Your mysterious brilliance."

"Seriously Rouge." I said. "Sometimes, i worry about you."

We walked a bit further before Shadow stopped. We looked over and saw Omega... Laying in the dust...

"Omega! What's he doing here?" Asked Rouge.

We went over to him. Shadow tried to activate him, but it didn't work. "It's seems he's in standby mode." He said.

"What could have possibly happen to create this future?" Asked Rouge.

This is just wrong. Then Rouge got a call.

"Yes, this is Rouge... Understood. We'll be there in a minute." She said. She looked up at us. "It looks like Sonic and his friends have found something too. Let's go."

Shadow looked back at Omega before nodding. I sighed. "It's not like we can do anything for him now."

"Yeah." He said. Then we left.

We waited nearby a volcano and soon enough, they arrived.

"You guys are so slow." Said Rouge. She held up the Chaos Emerald. "Look."

"A Chaos Emerald!" Said Tails. "You've already found one!"

"Well now, i may not look like it, but i'm a real treasure hunter." She said. "Unlike a certain ECHIDNA i know..."

"You never get tired of mentioning that, do you?" I said, sweat-dropping.

"What?!" Knuckles said. Then he stormed off, but not too far of course.

"Have you guys discovered anything?" Asked Shadow, with his arms crossed.

"Um, yeah." Said Tails. "We received a signal indicating there's a Chaos Emerald here but..."

"You mean we go through there?" Asked Rouge.

"If you don't like it, you can stay here." Said Knuckles.

"You've got to be kidding!" She retorted. I sighed.

"Don't be late." Said Sonic to Shadow.

Shadow walked to the front. "Same to you." Then we set of to find the emerald.

After what seemed like forever, we found it. Rouge flew over to it. "I've found a Chaos Emerald."

"Don't touch it!" Shadow said. Then a flame-like beast appeared and it knocked Rouge away from the emerald.

"What... What's that?" Asked Rouge.

"Iblis..." I said. "The eternal flames of Hell."

We fought off that creature and won the Chaos Emerald. Then we used the emeralds to create a portal. Everyone went through it, including Rouge.

But when Shadow and i are about to go, Mephiles showed up. So we ran after him through another portal.