Chap 12 (Crimson)

I've been following Omega and fighting Mephiles for a while. At the same time... I can't get my head out of what Mephiles said about Shadow... It just can't be true.

"This only proves..." He said. "This only proves you were created to stop Shadow, the Ultimate Life Form." Omega looked confused for a minute. "Don't tell me you didn't know. You may have been programmed by humanity, but what you did to Shadow in the future, that was your..."

This is getting freaky... Omega was the one who sealed Shadow? This just... I can't believe it! Omega used his machine guns and blasted Mephiles. Then Mephiles disappeared.

"Good riddance." I muttered.

Then Shadow and Rouge came from behind us.

"What just happened?" Asked Rouge.

Omega stood still and i just kept silent for a bit. "Shadow." Omega said. We walked closer to the other two.

"The one that defeats and seals you in the future... Is me." Said Omega.

This team is falling apart. Hopefully things will work out for us in the end. I refused to make eye contact with any of them and instead think back about what Mephiles said before Omega showed up. I battled Mephiles just before Omega manage to caught up with me.

He said, "If you choose to come with me, you will live forever. We will destroy the humans for what they will do to you."

"Yeah, that's what they all say." I replied.

"Oh, but i am telling the truth. You saw what the future was like. You saw how Shadow was locked up. In the future, i know you would choose to defend your brother, and because of that, the humans hunted you down as well."

"So what? I can always just disappear."

"Not in this case. You gave up your life before the battle has even begun. All for your precious brother that will eventually betray the humans."

"Not true! I don't believe it!"

"Oh, but you will. Within a few years time, you will understand."

"How many years?"

"That is for fate to decide." Then Omega showed up and we fought together.

"That creep." I muttered.

"What?" Asked Rouge. I shrug it off and just sighed.

"He creeps me out." I said calmly.

"Why? Because he looks like Shadow?" Asked Rouge. Shadow glared at her for that.

"No. Mostly because he looks like a zombie phantom thingy from hell. Oh wait, he is." I said sarcastically. "But still. Omega is gonna end up locking Shadow up, and i'm the one that's gonna die for it. What a WONDERFUL life!" I mentally slapped myself for that last sarcasm.

"It's... It's so unfair!" Said Rouge. "Shadow's always here to defend the world! Despite that..."

"Eventually, when something, or someone is seen as too powerful..." Omega started.

"It is seen as a threat." I finished. "And then the world becomes its enemy..." Shadow started walking away.

"Shadow..." Rouge said. "Even if you believe the world will be against you, know that i'll always remain by your side... Remember that." She looked away. I nodded at her, meaning that i agreed.

Shadow stopped a bit and said, "I will." Then he walked off somewhere.

We followed him to the desert. "Mephiles appears to have headed for those ruins." Said Rouge. "He's probably looking for the Chaos Emerald that's suppose to be there."

"There's no doubt in my mind." Said Shadow. "His movement shows he's seeking any Chaos Emerald he can find. Supposedly, he needs one in order to join with Iblis again."

"I will seal him before that." Said Omega.

"Can we PLEASE stop talking about sealing and locking people up? At least for five minutes?" I muttered, annoyed.

Typically, all three of them ignored me and we just set off to find the Chaos Emerald. We soon found a cave and went in. Inside we saw Mephiles waiting for us.

"Mephiles!" Said Shadow.

"I was expecting sooner. As you must know, you're already too late." Said Mephiles, holding up the emerald. "But there's still time for you to change your mind. Join me, Shadow. Let us teach this world a lesson and rewrite the future."

"Don't try to deceive me!" Said Shadow.

"What?"

"You have no desire for revenge. You only crave destruction." Said Shadow. "Your only lust is to fuel Iblis until there's nothing left of time itself."

"It's a pity Shadow the Hedgehog." Mephiles said. "Truly a shame that you wish to go against me!" Then he used the Chaos Emerald to blow us back. I guess we have to face him. He created shadow creatures and they gave us a pretty hard time. It took a while, but we beat him.

Although... Mephiles kinda melted and that was the gross part for me and Rouge on the count of we're girls... Don't judge us.

Then, Shadow used the new scepter to trap Mephiles. Though Mephiles escaped somehow and broke the scepter. The energy turned into a cloud of shadows.

"It's destroyed!" Said Rouge.

"The 'I' of now absorbed your power through your shadow in the past." It said. Then, Mephiles regained his form. "What may have worked 10 years ago, no longer does!"

He blasted us and we flew off the ground. He wrecked the ground and made duplicates of himself using the Chaos Emeralds.

"You must realize now that you cannot hope to stop me with your limited power." He said. We got up from the ground.

"So you say..." Said Shadow.

"It's futile. The world will betray you." Said Mephiles. "Why fight at all? Why risk your life for those who will persecute you later?"

We formed a circle. "If the world chooses to become my enemy..." Said Shadow. "I will fight like i always have."

He took off the inhibitor rings on his wrist and then there was a bright golden light coming from him as we fought off those Mephiles copies...