Chap 10 (Crimson)

We're still in the hellish future, facing Mephiles.

"So, you decided to void your return ticket now did you?" He said.

"Why are you here? Did you ruin this world?" Asked Shadow.

"The answer is yes... And no." Mephiles replied. "Perhaps it's better to show you."

A hologram appeared beside us... It was Shadow... Locked up in stasis.

"What the..." I kept staring at it. Shadow was surprised as well.

"Yes, that is you." Mephiles said. "After the world was devastated by Iblis' flames, what do you think happened? A search of the guilty. Who did this you may ask. Humanity wasn't just jealous of your power. They feared it."

Shadow looked down while i just kept staring at the hologram. There was no way Shadow did this.

"They used this incident as an excuse to hunt you down." Mephiles explained further. "What do you think happened while that took place? Humans hunt you down, and of course someone defended you... That someone being you Cheshire girl. Although it's sad that you perished while defending your own brother."

My heart stopped. "What?" I looked over to him.

"Of course since you were on his side, the humans hunted you down too." Mephiles explained.

"That wouldn't... That'll never happen!" I shouted at him.

"See the proof little girl." He said.

I looked over to the hologram, then back to him. Then i looked over at Shadow, but he didn't look back.

"Come with me, both of you." Mephiles said. "Let us punish this foolish world of humanity. It is only fair to give back what was intended for you. You have every right to want justice."

"... That's absurd." Said Shadow. "Whatever it is you want to do, you can do it alone."

"Well said." I told him.

"You forgive humanity this folly then?" Asked Mephiles.

"I determine my own destiny." He said. I smiled and gulped at the same time.

Then, Mephiles transformed. He looks WAAAAY freakier now. I guess we have to fight him... Double gulp.

We fought for a while and soon he was down. But not for long. We walked over to him but then he blasted us back.

Then before Mephiles can shoot again, there were lasers coming from the side and he stopped for a bit. We looked and saw Omega there to help us.

"Now is the designated time." Omega said. "I shall assist."

Soon, we manage to beat Mephiles and he was just barely hovering above the ground. Then he tried to disappear with the energy ball so we followed him.