Betrayed

The next morning, Plagg tried waking up his owner but he was too tired to get up. The only reason why the kwami wants his kitten to get up is that he wanted Camembert cheese.

"Wakey, wakey, Adrien" Plagg whispered into his ear.

Adrien groaned in his sleep, turning to his side.

"Oh man, I'm starving" Plagg held his tummy.

"Again?" Adrien sluggishly woke up.

"Good morning, Adrien," Plagg said.

"Mmhmm" Adrien stretched and went into the bathroom to go brush his teeth.

"Slept well?" Plagg asked.

"Yep, like a baby" Adrien replied.

"Or like a vampire in a coffin" Plagg teased.

"Again, it's a fashion style, not a related thing" Adrien rinsed his mouth before heading to the kitchen area, "It's a bit chilly in here. I gotta get more firewood later for the wood stove"

"Winter is coming, Adrien" Plagg said.

"Yeah, I know. It's that time of the year but nothing to be happy about" Adrien hands him the cheese, "Nathalie is not looking too good" He shuddered when he last visited her at the hospital. She looked so weak as he remembered, being kept alive by life support.

"She knows you're the cat. So just visit her" Plagg said.

"Very well. Sad memories always come to haunt me" Adrien gets dressed.

Plagg swallowed his cheese, "Sneaking in might be complicated this time"

"Yes, all the cameras and guards," Adrien said.

"But not the windows this time. Plagg, claws out" Adrien transformed into Cat Noir.

He leaps out of his hideout and goes pole vaulting to the hospital. He hopes Nathalie has more time left.

-

At the hospital, Nathalie was watching the news of a last night's robbery was none other than Cat Noir, "Oh Noir, I know you only steal to survive" Nathalie said and soon saw the vent open up, and out came Cat Noir.

Holding flowers and a get-well card for Nathalie, "Hello Nathalie" He walks up to her.

"Adrien. So glad to see you" Nathalie said.

"Same here, Nathalie" Cat Noir hugs her.

"How's criminal life?" Nathalie asked.

"A bit rough and hard due to having to steal to survive and fighting my former partner Ladybug," Cat Noir said.

"I know this is affecting your life but sometimes you can't always be a bad kitty, Adrien" Nathalie said.

"I'm an orphan, Nathalie. I don't want to live with my aunt and cousin in London" Cat Noir said.

"I know. Paris is your home" Nathalie said.

"My father ruined his chances but now he's dead. What he did was very wrong to abuse Nooro and Duusu out of madness. That explains why he constantly skips time with me" Cat Noir sits next to her, "If mom was alive, she would be angry and scared"

"Yes. I was too blind to work for him. But I promised your mother I looked after you like my own, For the time I had" Nathalie said.

"In the videos, you showed me, mom tried really hard to convince my father to stop going after the miraculous but he never listened. It's like he chose his obsession over the family" Cat Noir said.