A Year Ago

Around midnight, Cat Noir was at the jewelry store again to rob whatever he can get before anyone else can catch him. He cuts a hole to get inside the store and blows some dust off revealing laser detectors.

"Shit. I knew they were gonna stop me" Cat Noir growled in frustration that he didn't have time for this.

He jumps up the ceiling to climb there and he reached for a diamond, "Meow, you are so puuuurrrrrecious, darling. Come to kitty" Cat Noir grabs it and puts the diamond into his bag, "No Ladybug nor other thieves to stop me" He snickered.

"Curiosity killed the cat" A robber points his gun at the feline's head, "Paws off the bag, cat"

But Cat Noir just smacked the gun aside and punched him three times before hurling him up on the desk. Another robber came and fired only for Cat Noir to flip over and snatch the gun to fire at him. More thugs came with guns but Cat Noir shot them all, one by one, until he ran out of ammo until one thug was unharmed.

"No! Please don't hurt me!" He begged.

"Don't talk to me about pain" Cat Noir hissed and unsheathe his claws.

"No! Not that!" The thug crawled back.

"Your boys killed innocents. I don't have a problem killing evil bad guys" Cat Noir glared and stabs his claws into the bad guy's chest.

He left the store with his loot, "That was too easy" He said and he got up the rooftops.

He looks around and saw no Ladybug, "Good" He smirked and runs off to his hideout.

He saw the abandoned Agreste mansion covered in dead plants. He still remembers that day when he found out about his father's dark secret. His mother is still in there in that cryo capsule preserving her body for a year.

(Flashback)

Adrien was getting sick of his father skipping everything for him but Adrien had enough and he wanted to know why. How long will it take to stop mourning his wife? He takes a peak in the office and saw his father pressing plain buttons on the portrait and the floor moved below.

"What the hell?" Adrien snuck inside out of his view.

"I didn't know he had something like that. Did you know?" Plagg asked.

"No. Let's find out" Adrien said.

"You know you'll get grounded again," Plagg said.

Adrien visualized how his father touched the portrait, "I'm done waiting, Plagg. Just like Ladybug is keeping secrets from me the same way my father is doing" Adrien pressed the buttons and the floor platform lowered him down.

Once he got down, he found out it leads to a secret room he was never told about, "What the hell?!" Adrien gasps.

His heart was pounding hard in his chest but he had to be brave. The elevator came to a complete stop and he walks on the bridge, recognizing the pure white butterflies.

"Butterflies?" He looks around and then sees someone in the glass coffin.

When he got closer, he gasped, it was his mother Emilie, "Mom!"

"Adrien?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Gabriel walks up to him.

Adrien had to remain strong, no more obeying him again, "You are Shadow Moth? You told me my mom disappeared but you kept her in hiding the whole time!" Adrien screams in anger.

"It was so I could revive her with the cat and ladybug miraculous. The peacock miraculous she wore was damaged so she fell into that coma!" Gabriel explained.