Prologue

yes, it is the old one, if you know you know lol
I guess now it has more context

The city of Seoul was full of people that Saturday morning, it was difficult to walk through the crowd and get anywhere, especially by driving

The city of Seoul was full of people that Saturday morning, it was difficult to walk through the crowd and get anywhere, especially by driving. Lalisa Manoban has forgotten how bad these streets were for her, a fantastic driver... in just a few zones, zones like a neighborhood with a kid on a bike as the only obstacle. But! A fantastic driver after all.

Getting to that well-known cafeteria in Gangnam by car was an ordeal that got her almost crashing her car (twice, but who's counting), being insulted by a very angry woman, and lost in a roundabout which made her end up in Itaewon by mistake.

Gosh, she should have accepted Malee, her lifelong chauffeur, when he offered to take her to this date. But she said no because her baby, Liliana, also known as her 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible (in white), was waiting for her to take her on a ride and she couldn't reject her. You don't deny your favourite car (of 4) for a ride, it's disrespectful.

Gladly, she could redirect herself back to the right way without any more issues. As she drove, with the air making her Celine beige scarf fly, she thought about how she had forgotten how many people lived in this city. Every time she came back she was surprised, which was a thing because she was used to living in America and Europe, but nothing could be compared to her favourite Korean society, where the crowd was ready to tell her that her skin was a bit too dark and that for the next surgery she better get a better doctor because her nose looked weird.

The audacity?! It wasn't her fault that she just won the genetic lottery!

A few minutes later, sitting at one of the tables on the terrace, with a lovely view of the blooming jasmine trees that lined the open, well-appointed space, Lisa blamed the traffic that her best friend hadn't arrived yet.

Kim Jisoo wasn't the type of girl to be late, she had been an honour student in high school with perfect attendance, she had also been the most popular girl at NYU for her beauty and intelligence, and now that she was working as a reporter in the JTBC Newsroom, she was recognized as one of the most beautiful women on television and the most committed to her work. So no, Jisoo was never late, Jisoo hated being late and anyone who was.

Luckily, Jisoo didn't hate Lisa who was always late everywhere but who could hate Lisa? She was lovely!

And it wasn't her fault that Michael, the pilot of the Manoban's jet, decided to delay her flight from Paris by 5 hours because of some little drizzle.

"Annyeong~," the familiar raspy voice of her best friend made her jump in surprise in her comfortable wicker chair.

Lisa turned around and her eyes lit up but it wasn't obvious, they were covered by vintage sunglasses from Celine's latest collection. "Unnie!!!!"

She left her glasses on the table and wrapped Jisoo in her long arms, letting out a small squeal from her throat. The familiar warmth of her best friend felt like a winter blanket, her familiar scent invaded her nostrils and that tiny bump she felt on her stomach made Lisa lean back and admire what she had been wanting to meet since Jisoo called her at dawn, a month ago.