Sixteen - Pt. 4

Jungkook never expected that he would spend more than 3 hours in an underground French pastry shop in the middle of Hongdae consuming so much sugar that he began to feel his pants tighter and he had already loosened his belt an hour ago

When Lisa went looking for him and told him that it was essential to decide on the sweet table, he said no. Why would he care about sweets, muffins and cakes? He had better things to do. But she had insisted that Yoona and a Vogue photographer would be there, it would be strange if she were alone... And she had added,  "there will be very good food, I promise".

Damn. The way she had looked at him had nothing to do with his reluctant agreement. The way his condition was to leave her assistant behind and that she agreed had nothing to do with his reluctant agreement either.

He was losing control, he thought as he savoured the fifteenth muffin of the afternoon.

This one was better than the previous ones, the mixture of cinnamon and coconut with a caramel cream was about to make him roll his eyes back and groan like a caveman.

"Good, hmm?" Lisa asked, sitting next to him at the best table offered by the bakery that doubled as a cafeteria. A very expensive one to be in the middle of Hongdae, the cheap centre of Seoul, but apparently it was by Claude (just Claude, like he was Madonna) and he apparently was one of the best French bakers in the country.

Jungkook looked at her and nodded effusively despite such sweet treatment weakening his legs, luckily he was sitting and consuming sugar to blame for these sensations. She had spent most of the time gazing at him lovingly, asking him questions, choosing everything that would make him frown with pleasure after tasting it. It could be all shameless acting for the camera and the journalist but that didn't stop him from feeling butterflies fighting a battle inside his stomach. Or maybe it was the sugar.

He hoped it was the damn sugar.

He swallowed the bolus of delicious sweetness so he could speak; his throat hurt so he had to clear it first, tapping his chest in a not so delicate way. "This is the best one, by far."

"Good, we will add it," she informed the girl she was in charge of writing everything down, the baker's assistant next to her.

"I'm glad to make you happy, Mr. Jeon," the baker bowed respectfully.

"It's just Jungkook," Lisa corrected before he opened his mouth. Jungkook turned around, his face scrunching up so much in bewilderment (despite the fact that she had corrected many people many times before) that she had to slap his leg under the table. "Behave."

"You do!" he whispered with his mouth full. He was being perfectly normal! He hadn't complained even once since the first plate! She was the one who kept looking at him as if he were a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes.

"What do you mean?" She cocked her head to the side, but something distracted her. "You have something there," she pointed at her own mouth.

He ran his pinky over his lip but got nothing out of it.