ch. 21

six weeks later

alexandria black

Six weeks.

Six weeks without a single phone call.

The voices in my head continuously try to make me relieve it, but I don't believe them. There is no convincing me.

Where did it go wrong. Did I really consider being in love, willingly made a deal with the demon that hurt my mother? A voice so captivating I can barely remember what it sounds like now. The way he would say my name – his song. A siren's call.

The Malevolence...what a goddamn joke.

"You're absolutely right." Antares sits at the foot of the bed. "What a joke."

I turn my head away. "Go away, Antares."

He looks around the empty gray room – my asylum. The place I have found heartache and pain, but also a little bit of comfort. The only comfortable part is the escape from the real world.

Except that my nightmares have found me in here.

Was this Antares plan all along? If I didn't listen he'd put me in the hospital? How does that work?

I know it was him. How else would I have ended up here?

"How're you holding up, human?" Antares asks, surprisingly.

I stare at him angrily. "Do I look fucking okay?"

Antares pats my leg. "Yeah, so sorry about the damage on your heart and lungs human. Torture seemed like the best way for you to actually take our deal seriously."

"I tried, Antares." I snap. "He wouldn't listen."

He leans back. "I told you he wasn't the man you thought he was."

"You could have told me before I had sex with him." I scoff.

He snaps his fingers. "That was your own free will."

I look out the window. "How long?"

"Hmm?" He questions.

I turn back to my demon. "How long have they been together?"

"A few years." He answers honestly, and I feel my heart sink.

The monitor I'm hooked up to begins to follow the panic in my chest until a nurse steps in. She doesn't make eye contact with Antares as she checks on my blood pressure levels.

"Take some deep breaths for me." Her voice is soothing, but I can't see to relax. The panic has been back and forth for the past few days. If I can't get it under control, they will throw me into the psych wing; I just know it.

I see his face before I shut my eyes again...the face of the devil.