Scout x Reader

As requested by ButterflyHatake

You're great. Thanks, babes!

                You sit in a tall tree, gazing through the branches into the gray sky. It's summer, but the sun isn't shining. You've been having tornadoes all week. In fact, you're pretty sure that the guys are helping build an extra shelter in the base and stockpiling it with many weeks' worth of food. You've decided to stay out of their way and sit in this huge tree. Rain drips from the leaves above your head, and you sigh.

                "Hey up there!" A voice calls from below you. You almost don't hear it. You look down and find Scout, holding a huge bucket. You smile. "I got a bucket of chicken! Wanna share?" You shake your head and laugh, beginning to climb down the sycamore. At one point, your hand slips. You nearly lose your footing, but gain it just in time and grab another branch. That one, however, is a dead branch, and it breaks. You are unprepared for this, so you lose your balance and fall. You shut your eyes, waiting for the impact of the ground. When you're stopped, however. You open your eyes again and see Scout smiling down at you while he holds you in his arms. You feel your face become hot and quickly scramble to your own feet, embarrassed.

                "Um... sorry." You say. He laughs.

                "It's nothin'. But, uh... I can't say so much for the chicken." You look over and find the entire bucket, upside-down on the muddy ground.

                "Oh, no! Scout, I'm sorry..."

                "Hey, stop apologizin'. It's no big deal." He assures you. You still feel bad about it, though. He picks up the bucket, letting wet dirt drip from its rim. He then proceeds to get the chicken in it. You decide to help him. As you're putting chicken into the bucket, he starts a conversation.

                "So, what were you doin' all the way up there?" He wonders.

                You shrug. "Helps me think, I guess."

                "It helps you think when there's no air goin' to your brain? I, for one, don't want to live with my head in the clouds."

                You laugh. "It's not that bad. It's quite scenic, actually." You go for the last piece of chicken, and find Scout's hand on it at the same time. You quickly draw your hand back. "Sorry."

                "You say that too much. Why not find a different vocabulary?"

                "Like what?"

                "Like, I dunno, how about... 'I love you'." You look him in the eyes, and he locks his gaze on yours.

                "You... do you?" You venture.

                He nods, taking your hand in his. "Absolutely."

                "Well..." You start. "I love you too."

                He smiles. "That's great." You move the bucket over and wrap your arms around him. He does the same. And there, in the mud, with the rain and wind picking up again, you give him a huge kiss on the lips.

I'm sorry I didn't do anything about dancing like you said, Hatake... I just don't really see Scout as the kind of guy who dances, you know? Anyways, sorry.