Boyfriend

"Esha you should stop drinking now." Jimin took her glass from her hand and put it away.

Esha : I just started drinking and you want me to stop.

Esha had finished a full bottle of beer all by herself and she had just started getting a little tipsy.

"Fine you keep that glass if you want." Esha ordered bartender, "Excuse me one more glass of beer please."

"No, don't mind her." Jimin said to the bar tender.

Esha : I'm the one who is going to drink and I'm the one who'll pay. So one more drink.

Jimin : No !

Bar tender : Ma'am I think you should listen to your boyfriend. You have already drank a bottle of beer.

Esha : First, he is not my boyfriend and second you should mind your own business. So provide me a drink before I file a complaint against you to the owner.

Bar tender was clearly hurt by her remark but he had no option but to prepare a drink for her. Somewhere deep down Jimin too was a little hurt. He wasn't practically her boyfriend but still he was her fiance.

Jimin : You are so mean.

Esha : I already know that. Tell me something new.

Jimin : Why are you like this ?

Esha : And how am I like ?

Jimin : I don't know. I just can't seem to understand you.

Esha : Even I don't understand myself. So how would you ? I feel happy, sad, nostalgic, lonely and don't know what other kind of emotions all at once. Life seems to plain and boring.

This response was so unlike her but that was when Jimin realized she hadn't been lying when she had said that when she got tipsy she only spoke the truth.

Jimin : Then let me make your life interesting.

Esha : Should I let you do that ?

Jimin could see her gaze soften as she said that bus she almost immediately averted her gaze from Jimin.

Esha : I'll go to the washroom and come back.

Jimin nodded and she walked aways from him. Jimin kept on staring at her back until she disappeared in one corner. Jimin got back to his drink and that was when he remembered about the launch party.

Jimin took out his phone and called his dad.

Jimin : Dad !

Jihan : The launch party started an hour ago. Where were you ?

Jimin : Actually my car broke down. So we are currently at the garage fixing the car.

Jihan : Then leave the car there and catch a cab to the venue.

Jimin : No dad. The car is getting repaired and the mechanic said that it'll be repaired soon.

Jihan : The car broke down is that really the reason ?

Jihan was doubting on Jimin's words.

Jimin : Dad you don't believe your own son's word ?

Jihan : Yeah of course I do my son. Whatever you are doing, it's fine until and unless Esha is there with you.

Jimin : Really ?

Jihan : Yes, I'll cover up for both of you. So take your time and get to know each other well.

Jimin : Okay.

Jihan : So bye ! I have guests to attend.

A while later Esha was back from the washroom.

Esha : Let's go clubbing.

Jimin : No we can't. We have a party to attend.

Esha : And I told you I hate parties.

Jimin : So ?

Esha : We are not going.

Esha made a sad face, crossing her arms around her chest.

Esha : And you said you will make my life interesting. You are so boring and to add up you are a big liar.

Jimin : But there is one condition ?

Esha : And what is that ?

Jimin : You'll let me be your boyfriend.

Esha ( Smiled ) : Were you hurt when I said you weren't my boyfriend ?

Jimin : No I wasn't.

Esha : Ohh really ! Fine boyfriend, is it ? You are my boyfriend from now on.

Jimin couldn't help but smile at her words. She was mean, rude, witty, sassy and moreover a hard nut to crack but then that was her charm......