Chapter 27: Ariella

Chapter 27 Ariella

            "Ariella!" A female voice shouted somewhere behind me. My hair whipped around me, flying in the wind, as I turned to look for the speaker. Shanae waved as she rushed up to us, her eyes turning to study Alexander behind me, a sly smile on her face. "And who is this?"

            "This is Alexander." He bowed slightly as I introduced him, his eyes turned to me and I felt myself tense as I realized what he wanted me to do. Swallowing nervously, I turned back to her. "I invited Alex to come with me. I hope that was not wrong of me."

            "Not at all!" Shanae giggled, her arm slipped around my waist. "We're a little early, but I can take you to the room where we meet." Her arm tightened around me as she led me forward and into the library. All but carrying me, we made our way to the top floor, past the area where I had met them all the day before, and to a small room in the far wall.

"So, this is where you meet?" Alexander's voice sounded behind me as I felt his hand press, reassuringly, against my shoulder.

"This is the closest room to the books that we need." Shanae shrugged as she motioned around the small room. A wooden table sat in the middle of the room with about eight chairs sitting around it. A comfortable, red chair sat in the far right corner, nearby the only window in the room. "The others should be here shortly. Until then, shall we go grab some books and see what we can find out?"

"Actually, there's something Ariella needs to tell you." Alexander announced, his hand gently squeezing my shoulder when I tensed.

"Tell me?" She blinked at me in confusion, her blond hair falling to the side as her head tilted slightly.

"M-more like ask you." My cheeks burned with humiliation as I turned around, my eyes pleading to him.

"Oh, well, ask away!" She laughed as she hopped next to me.

"W-well-" I paused and I heard Alexander sigh behind me. His hand traced across my shoulders, soft against my skin, shooting shivers down my spine, as he hugged me around the shoulders. I knew he was trying to comfort me, trying to reassure me, but I was still terrified. I know he took it well, but would everyone? "The thing is, I can Heal. Like really Heal. The issue is, I don't know how to, I was never taught, and I wanted to know if you could possibly help me learn how to use my Powers." The words flew from my mouth and I could barely understand a single word that I was saying. Lifting my gaze to her eyes, I waited for some kind of response. She stared dumbfounded, her eyes glazed over with utter confusion. A moment path and her eyes changed as realization sparked in her eyes, growing wide with surprise.

"You can Heal?" Her voice was barely a whisper as she stared at me. Excitement radiated on her face when she nodded, her arms wrapping tightly around me, squeezing me around the middle. A squeal escaped from her lips causing my ears to ring before she pulled back and turned to Alex. "You knew about this?"

"Found out yesterday." He confessed, a guilty look on his face and she laughed.

"Doesn't matter!" She exclaimed as her hands shot out, grabbing my shoulders, her eyes staring into mine. "All this time I knew that I was supposed to study the Healer's Ways. I never would have guessed that it was to train the next Healer! Oh, this is so exciting!" She shook me slightly before jumping back, her hair flying behind her as she rushed out of the door. "Stay here, I know exactly what we need!" Her voice called from the other side.

Turning towards Alex, I could see that he was as confused as I was. He shrugged when he noticed me staring at him, a goofy grin played on his face.

"I figured they would be happy. I never figured that." He laughed, his hand motioning to the door that Shanae left opened. "Did you take a pain reliever today? I know you said that it helped the other times you used your Power."