Chapter 62: Ariella

Chapter 62 Ariella

Children's laughter filled the room and I turned to look at the group of children running around, chasing each other. A few of the children hung from Michael and Peter's arms, swinging wildly as the two males stood with a smile plastered on their lips. Isabella and Cora sat with a couple other girls, playing with the dolls while Shanae and Calida rushed around, making sure all the children were safe.

I stood beside the wall, my eyes shifting from one child to the next, pleased at the smiles that danced on their faces. My gaze shifted towards the birthday girl, Calida's little sister Blasa. The scars tainted the happiness in her eyes, ruining the blissful glow.

"Ariella, darling." Calida's mother, Hilda, walked over to me, her hand settling on my shoulder. "Would you be willing to come with me? There's something I'd like to talk to you about."

"Of course." I gave her a soft smile and followed her out of the room. A couple children rushed past, the wind ruffling the skirt of my dress. The noise quieted down as the door shut behind me, the laughter muffled slightly. We walked down the short hallway, my eyes scanning the brown bland walls and the scattered shoes across the floor.

"In here, please." Hilda smiled as she motioned towards the door on her right. I slipped inside with her close on my heels and found myself in a small kitchen set up similarly to mine. "Now, if you could help by stirring the noodles, I'd appreciate it."

"Very well." I told her as I stepped towards the pot.

Hilda rushed around, her shoulders tense and her eyes continuously glanced back at me as if she wanted to say something. I blinked at her in confusion, unsure if I should say something to her or not.

A moment passed, and then another. Finally, she let out a frustrated sighed, her hands crashing down on the table in front of her.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. She stood there for a moment before turning to me, her eyes studying me for a moment.

"There's something I had wanted to ask you, Ariella, if I may be so bold." She stepped towards me, her hands clenched above her heart, her knuckled turning a bright white before she bent at the waist, her head falling forward, her eyes staring down at the ground and her hair covering her face. "I'm begging you, please, won't you Heal my daughter?"

I stared at her in surprise. Why was it so hard to ask for something so simple? At least from me? I didn't understand it because there was nothing to understand.

"But of course." I told her and smiled.

She jumped up, her eyes filled with surprise as she stared at me, neither of us moving. "Y-you're serious?"

"Of course." My cheeks started flushing as my hands combatted against each other, my fingers twirling around each other. "I wanted to do it when I first met her, but I didn't know how. After, I didn't think it was my place to mention anything. But now, if you'll let me, I'd be more than honored to help."

Perhaps it was a little selfish, my reasons for helping her. She reminded me of who I was, how the scars was a constant reminder of my past and now, now I could help in the only way I know how. She nodded before rushing towards the door, her voice echoing in the hall.

"Blasa!"

I smiled softly and slipped back out the hall and towards the party. I opened the door and found Hilda kneeling by her youngest child, clinging to her hand and whispering in the child's ears. Hope and excitement flushed in her eyes, a giant smile appeared on her lips.

This was what she had always wanted. The reminders of a horror to be vanquished forever.

I knew that feeling and I knew how much she had deserved it.

Slipping around the others, I made my way towards the child, her eyes following me slowly.

"What's going on?" Calida demanded as she rushed up and was stilled by her mother's hand. Silence developed as I knelt next to Blasa, my eyes studying the ragged scars.

"Are you really going to remove them?" She whispered and I nodded, smiling softly.

My hand brushed against her cheek, her eyes staring up at my expectantly. I smiled gently at her as my eyes fluttered close, my breathing slowed.

Come.

It happened in an instance. My Power exploded inside of me, dancing around inside of me, shooting out towards my fingers. She gasped slightly when my eyes opened and she stared into mine.

"Relax." I told her, my voice was soft as I leaned slightly closer, urging my Power out through my fingers. It licked at her skin, gently at first and pierced it. It slid in between the scars and the skin, pulling the two apart from each other. Erasing the physical memories. The past was still there, inside of her, but the physical reminders were leaving her. Forever.

Then it was over. My hand pressed slightly before slipping from her cheek and leaning away. Her hand flew up towards her check, pressing against it and rubbing it. A moment passed and then laughter exploded from her lips as she turned to her mother and hugged her tightly.

*******************************************************************************************

My fingers toyed with the edge of the couch, swirling constantly.

"How much had changed." I whispered as my eyes shot towards the ceiling. There was so many things that had changed. Inside of me and in the world.

To think there was once a day when I was afraid of my Power. Of my life. That I used to live in fear every day and now, things are different. Things are right.

I was no longer afraid. I rarely doubted and I almost always smiled.

Pika brushed against my feet, his head swinging upwards to stare at me, his tail wagging slightly before jumping up and nuzzling next to me. My hand rested on his shoulders as I studied how much he had grown. The small pup that fit in my hand was now triple in size, his fur flowing out around him making him look like a giant white fur ball. My eyes shifted towards the window and the dark skies outside.

"Pika." I whispered his name and he nuzzled next to me. "Pika, it's getting late."

He stared up at me, blinking slightly before nuzzling down again. I smiled softly as I stood up and the memories of the children's laughter echoed in my head.

One small thing like that made such a difference in their life.

����E֪hJ9