Chapter 63: Ariella

Chapter 63 Ariella

"Now, we have to hurry, there's so much we have to do!" The Queen exclaimed as she rushed towards me, her arms sliding around my shoulders and squeezing me tightly. "It's so good to see you, my dear. It really is." She laughed brightly as she led me inside. "We need to get you bathed, hair brushed and done, and dressed!"

I bit back the urge to say anything, but allowed myself to be pulled along behind her. When we finally arrived to where she was taking me, a room on the second floor, she pulled me inside the same room where I first came to. The flowers were as lively as ever, the bright green and white couches glinted in the light, and a couple women stood in the distance surrounded by shoes.

"Come, child, the bath is already ready, the maids will help you." The Queen laughed as she waved towards the two women. They curtsied once and rushed over.

"Follow us, my lady." They told me as they led me from the room and towards the bath at the end of the hall. They left me alone while I bathed and I appreciated it.

I remembered explaining to my mother what the Queen had requested and quickly realized how irritated it made her. My sister's reacted little better and I couldn't understand until Shanae had explained it. According to her, my mother had wanted to help me get ready for the dance and my sisters had planned to help. That they may see it as the Queen attempting to take over their role which is really offensive to them.

When I had finally finished bathing, I clambered out of the tub and into a bathrobe that the maids had left for me. Arriving back in the room, the Queen quickly rushed to do my hair and I realized that I was barely paying any attention to what she was doing. Every part of me wanted to return home and have my mother help me, since that was what she wanted to do to begin with.

"I'm here!" A voice rang with happiness and I turned towards it and saw Madam Thread walk towards us, a dress hanging over her arm. "Hello, Ariella! I got your dress done just in time!" She giggled as she stepped closer, her hand patting my cheek as she handed the dress over to the Queen. "I changed the dress slightly, thinking that it'd fit our dear Ariella much better than the original design.

"I can't wait to see it then!" The Queen exclaimed and I could myself curious as well. Slipping from the chair and over towards the two of them, my eyes fell on the dress draped over the table in front of them.

My cheeks flushed brightly as I stared down at it, the light blue lace that twirled around the top of the dress, dancing in a swirl-like pattern. Around the waist, the lace ended and a light blue silk flowed over the edge of the table and a thin, see through fabric surrounded it.

"Oh, this'll be perfect!" The Queen laughed as she hugged me close before turning and waving towards the women once more. They had picked up the dress and I followed them out, wondering what the dress would look like on me.

********************************************************************************

"Are you ready!" The Queen giggled and I nodded nervously. My hand brushed over the top of the dress, feeling the lace pattern that trailed around it. The sleeves hugged my arms all the way to the wrists, the fabric rubbing together as my fingers brushed against the bare skin of my upper chest.

I swallowed nervously as the door opened and I followed her inside.

My eyes shifted as I studied the surroundings, the many people that stood around talking and laughing, the tables filled the edges of the halls while couples and groups of people danced around the middle. My hands drifted together, clasping tightly around my waist as I eagerly searched out Alexander and my family. I glanced over the dancing children, the gossiping women, and chuckling men as I searched.

"Quickly, follow me." The Queen giggled as she pulled me forward and I could feel my cheeks burning hotter with every new pair of eyes that fell on us as we passed by. We rushed towards the back wall where a long table sat facing the rest of the room. Plates and glasses sat upon a multi-colored embroidered table cloth that showed honor to each of the Powers. She placed her hand on my shoulder when we reached the table and guided me towards the middle. "My husband and I will sit in the middle. Your father will sit beside the King, Alexander will be beside your father, and you will be beside Alexander."

"Who else will be sitting here?" I questioned as I studied the many chairs.

"The other Captains and two other apprentices." She giggled. Her hand shot up and pointed to the right and my gaze followed her to see my family walk up towards a table up front.

"Won't they be eating with us?"

"Oh goodness no! Only Captains and apprentices can sit up at the front table."

"But I'm sitting there?" I stared up at her in confusion as I attempted to understand the logic. I was neither a Captain nor an apprentice of any kind, so why would I be sitting up there with the others.

"Ah, yes. Well you see, you're a slightly different case, my dear." Her hand gently patted my cheek as she turned and smiled down at me. "You are a Healer of Water, or at least the potential of becoming one, and my husband and I agreed that we might as well get you accustom to the appropriate attention that you'll be receiving once you're of age."

My eyes blinked in confusion as I stared up at her. Why did I have a feeling that I would never get used to being treated like this?

Horns started in a jolly beat and I watched as the Queen jumped up and turned towards the main door. "It's starting!"

I turned and watched as the door opened and saw the King, my father, and Alexander walk through and up towards us. My gaze focused on Alexander and, when our eyes connected, his shoulders tensed and his eyes were wide with surprise and I could feel my cheeks flushing brightly.

���cG�RBU�