Chapter 65: Alexander

Chapter 65 Alexander

"There you two are!" Shanae shouted, her blond hair streaming behind her as she rushed past me and up towards Ariella. She wrapped her arms around Ariella's waist and held her close. "You poor girl! I can't believe he put you on the spot like that, it must have been so horrible!"

"How would you know if it was horrible or not? You would have loved it." Michael sauntered forward, a cocky grin on his face as he walked forward. Shanae huffed and turned her back on her brother, her eyes twinkling with merriment.

"Now, all that's left to do today is celebrate!"

"I thought that's what we were already doing." I chuckled and she whipped around, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Just for that, I'm stealing her." She giggled and rushed away, her hand clasping onto Ariella's wrist. I watched as the two of them disappeared into the crowd, shaking my head slightly as I turned towards Michael.

"I'd be worried about that." He confessed.

"Shanae won't do anything to put Ariella in harm, she cares to much for her." I shrugged as my hand fell down and rested on the hilt of my new sword. Everything had changed since I had found Ariella that day. Ariella had grown so much and I quickly realized that I only fell in love with her all over again, every day. Nothing could change my feelings for her, nothing could make me give up on her, and nothing could ever take her away.

"So, how does it feel? Being the all-esteemed apprentice and all?" Micheal turned and grinned at me, his arms crossed his chest as he studied me.

"Well, I can't lie that I'm happy I know I'll be able to take care of the people I care about."

"Before or after Captain Mathews beats you into shape?"

"Exactly." We laughed as my eyes wandered as I turned to study the surroundings around me. Groups of people stood talking and laughing, whispering rumors and jokes to any who would listen. Children ran around, playing their games in their own little worlds, weaving around anyone who got in their way. Maids and butlers walked around with trays of food and drinks to offer to the guests while Queen Michelle jumped from one person to another, a bright smile playing on her face.

"Hey, there's something I need to tell you." Michael spoke up after a few moments of silence and I turned towards him, confusion fumbling around inside of me. "There's a rumor going around the Trackers, about the Captain."

"Your Captain, I'm assuming?"

"Aye." He nodded and sighed before giving me an apologetic smile. "As you know, it's obvious the guy isn't exactly happy with you becoming the apprentice."

"Oh, really? I had no idea." I grumbled as I turned towards the crowd once more, searching for Ariella and Shanae.

"Well, some of the others think that he disapproves so much that he might do something stupid." Michael's hand cuffed my shoulder gently. "Just, watch yourself, alright?"

"If he's just after me, then I'll suffer and put up with it."

"And what if it's more than that?"

"Then we might end up with a full battle on our hands." I straightened my shoulders as my left hand clutched to the hilt of my sword. "Have you told Captain Mathews?"

"Nah. I mean, what would I say?" He exclaimed, his hands jumping up in a form of surrender. "Do I say 'hey, I think Captain Hern is after your apprentice. So, just be careful.' Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?"

"Stupid or not, it's better to tell a pointless warning than hide something that's drastically important."

"Says the man who won't tell the Captain he's the Drawer to his only biological child." He snorted and I tensed and turned to glare at him, my fists clenching in frustration.