Chapter 3: Spider

Kiri, Lo'ak and Liläk where following Spider as they made their way to the lab. Kiri enjoyed going, seeing the video logs of her mom and even her avatar body made her feel close to her, as if she could get to know her through whatever scraps of her she had.

Liläk enjoyed being at the lab, the scientists where not like the sky people that hunted her nightmares. When she was younger, her and Neteyam went a lot more. Neytiri was reluctant at first, but the science division was especially interested on the Na'vi twins, for they wanted to learn how it was possible for Jake's genes to make their way through. After two weeks, they let them go and didn't ask them to come over again, but Liläk was always fascinated by them, and Max Patel, who was in charge of the investigation with the twins (that was Jake's only condition for it to happen), had told her that he had Jake video logs way before her father even became a true Na'vi. There was also an interesting and calming aspect of seeing some of the stuff she saw on her dreams, a way to reassure her that she was not, in fact, going crazy.

They passed through the Avatar zone, Norm was brushing his teeth as Liläk waved at him.

-Hey Spider.-he called him as he smacked him with a towel.

-Your ass is mine.-Spider warned.

-I'm right here!-Norm retorted back.-Oh Liläk, you owe me another shooting competition.-When Norm went to the village he had been practicing archery, but he hadn't improved at all ever since he started, so Liläk often challenged him to competitions, it amused her to see him point at everything but their target.

-Sure, always a pleasure to kick your ass.

-That was cold, even for you.-he giggled.

-What's up bros?-Lo'ak said, as if to defuse the tension of the other avatars and scientist looking at them pass through.

-Avatar zone, walk around!-A human scientists said, annoyed.

-We are 50% avatar so...-Liläk said as Kiri mocked the scientist. The woman seemed exasperated.

-Sorry.-Lo'ak said.

The reached the lab and started going up the stairs.

-Yeah! Those blue stripes don't make you any bigger bro!-Exclaimed Lo'ak to Spider over a conversation Liläk had not been listening to.

-Yeah well I can still kick your ass.-Spider answered.

They laughed as they got in the lab. Max was there as Norm got out of the capsule.

-Yeah haha,-Spider continued, taking off his mask as they entered a zone with earth air.-real hysterical guys... you know what really sucks though? Is you can breath earth air for hours and I can only breath your air for like...ten seconds.

-I bet even less.-Liläk commented, grabbing an air mask.

-Thanks Liläk.-Spider answered, a little smile escaping his lips, he liked being on good terms with Liläk...which happened less than he would hope so.

-Yeah, monkey boy that really sucks...for you.-Kiri playfully crouched in front of Spider. She then proceded to grab an oxygen mask for herself, as Spider looked at her in a way that sparked Liläk's attention. He then pulled Kiri's tail so they both started to fight sprightly.

Spider and Liläk had a complicated relationship. Liläk knew Kiri cared for him a lot and Lo'ak saw him as a brother, that was for sure. But she didn't really know how to feel about him. There was something about him that didn't sit right with Liläk.

Liläk confused Spider. Sometimes she was playful with him, like the other day when she high-fived him over a joke, yet other times, she was wary and pushed him away. It all depended on the day and Spider suspected the days she was wary of him and preferred going with her day away from her siblings just because he was around, where the days in which nights she had woken up screaming, hunted by the images of a war she had no play in. Liläk didn't blame Spider for his father's sins, doing such a thing would be unfair and she knew it. But it was a complicated situation for her, Spider troubled her most days, for she always thought she was too rude with everyone, too intense, too angry. The fact that she was the only one of her siblings who couldn't be quite as friendly with the human boy they had grown up with, only proved her theory and so, she tried her best to be as kind to him as she could. The cicle started all over again when she saw Spider's father destroying her mother's hometree in her nightmares and the idea of being even near any human repeled her, yet she loved many humans, like Norm who was always happy to practice archery with her, even if he sucked, or Max who gave her her dad's tapes. She couldn't even ignore the obvious: her father. And Spider...maybe after all those years she actually learned to care for him. Complicated.