Chapter 5: Jake's first daughter.

Something took over her when he saw this man, this vermin who was supposed to be dead grab her brother's neck with strength.

-Where is he?-Quaritch asked. When Lo'ak didn't answer he pulled his queue, making him scream in pain...she needed to stop this. After asking where Jake was and not getting an answer, Quaritch turned around, walking towards Kiri.

-Kehe! No!-Lo'ak screamed.

-Stop! Stop!-Liläk cried. But no one was as desperate as Spider who screamed and trashed around.

-Hey! Hey don't touch her!-He exclaimed.

Quaritch then looked at Spider...could it be?

-What's your name, kid?-he asked him.

-Spider. Socorro.

Quaritch looked at him in shock. He crouched while he motioned for them to let him go.

-Miles?-he asked almost uncertain.

Liläk's heart dropped, it was him, there was no doubt now. As things settled in she looked at Lo'ak, still worried about him.

-Ngaru lu fpom srak? (Are you okay?)

-Srane...ke sngum. (Yes...don't worry)-he answered softly. The man that was grabbing Liläk heaved her hair as he told her to "shut it".

-Nobody calls me that.-Spider clarified.

-Well I'll be damned...I had figured they sent you back to earth.

-Can't put babies in cryo dipshit.-Spider deadpanned.

Quaritch thought what to do with the kids, they were an incentive for Jake to come, that was for sure...so they would wait. He called it in.

After a while, when the eclipse had already set in, Quaritch and some others watched a video log. The image showed the fight Liläk had seen at least two times in her nightmares. Her mother shooting Quaritch two times as her father's avatar body laid lifeless on the floor. Quaritch looked frightened, at least he has a weak spot, Liläk thought. After the video ended he walked towards his cadaver and crushed his skull.

Liläk was pissed off. This man was dead, he was nothing but a bad omen, but now he was here again, messing with their life, hurting her brother, seizing her home. Her anger gave in and she talked to him, a thick accent decorating her English, but a confident voice, filled with vermin.

-You're supposed to be dead.

Quaritch turned around to look at the girl. She looked at him with fire in her eyes, his stomach churned...the girl who talked to him was the spitting image of Jake's wife, the same woman who had killed him, who had shot two of those goddamn arrows on his chest. Her hands are tied, he thought, there's nothing she can do.

-Oh I'm not going anywhere sweetheart...death did not sit right with me.-he was approaching her...exactly what she needed. The way she saw it, this man was their leader, so they would be doubtful to shoot if she was right beside him when she made her move. There was a guy behind her and soon, the only thing between her and the other soldiers' gunpoint would be Quaritch.

She had a knife. It didn't matter that her hands were tied. She could still stab the man behind her and cut Quaritch in front of her. All he needed to do, was crouch down in front of her, the closer the better. She reminded the fight he was just replaying on the video, that's what she needed to taunt him with.

-So...who's the one betraying their own race now?

That would do. It was what he had asked Jake as they fought. He walked slowly towards her and crouched in front of her...bingo.