31. You can go your own way

Days planning the catering for the governor's gala were crazy, Soyeon barely had any patience left but she did her best to keep it cool since the she knew this was huge for everyone involved, specially her, she was hoping to get her dad's approval, connections to even bigger events and maybe the recognition she deserved.

Finally the day she was waiting for came really fast, Friday's evening was going good, when she noticed everything was going smoothly, people from her staff were working since this morning and the day before to get everything ready,
The governor's mansion was huge, a perfect place for this kind of things, for sure it would be the biggest event she ever planned, she was strolling around checking some details when suddenly heard some movement behind a curtain, she let it go since things were really busy for her.

It was a lucky shot, if she really tried to see what was going on she would have gone crazy, Soyeon would have faced the girl she has been evading for the past days, the young chef always gets in troubles when the boss is around and since Lisa was trying to get some utensils that were needed in the kitchen the whole place was a mess, after struggling for a while the Thai girl was able to finally get what she needed and head back to work, not without get a little cut on her eyebrow, after some box hit her face.

Once Lisa was on her station she started to cook away what was assigned to her, her famous soup was a request, the smell made her feel hungry, it was a delicious aroma that was floating around and she barely ate something before head to work.

She was cutting some final ingredients when felt how someone dragged her, when she reacted saw Soyeon taking her away from the stoves and pushing her aside, "What happened to you Manoban, you are bleeding?", Lisa touched her eyebrow "It's nothing, I just got hit when I was looking for some things,  I'm ok", Soyeon rolled her eyes "I'm not asking if you are ok, it's clear you are not since you are bleeding and I need to take care of that before you ruin the food", Lisa looked away and tried to go away but Soyeon held her in place firmly, "Manoban let's finish with this, don't move or this will get uglier", Lisa tried to move again but she wasn't able to do it, her boss was really stubborn "It won't get worse", Soyeon rolled her eyes "It will get worse because I'll give you another cut if you don't stop bitching, and just to be clear I don't care about you, just the event, see if you don't move is easier, there you go, move back to the damn soup before it gets burnt", Lisa walked away and Soyeon noticed her hands were trembling, touching Lisa's face didn't help with her problem, if anything this just made it worse for her, since now she was able to feel her soft skin under her fingers tips, how it would be possible to stop thinking about the Thai girl?

A few hours later the food was ready and they proceeded to serve the plates, the gala was so loud, you could hear music and laughter, Lisa peeked outside and saw how people were dancing and talking happily, she went back to her place to finish her tasks when Somi bumped into her, "Damn Lisa!, I thought you were Soyeon, you won't believe who was outside, I just saw many idols and Jennie Kim smiled at me, oh god I didn't know she was gonna be here", Lisa frowned Jen? I didn't know she was coming, "So are you her fan?", Somi nodded "I have a long list, she is almost on top, I actually follow many, she is the kindest, I swear her smile makes you melt, even though the press only get serious faces", Lisa smiled because it was true, Jennie's smile really had that effect, but she was wondering why the idol didn't mention anything when Lisa has been talking about this for days.

The food was served, Lisa and Somi were expecting the people outside enjoyed it, specially everything they cooked together, the kitchen was crazy, they were working hard plating the rest of the courses, it was amazing how they got divided and were working in a perfect harmony, Soyeon was supervising everything carefully, coordinating the whole thing was exhausting but everything was going perfect, they all needed streng and stamina to keep going since the catering services were really demanding.