37. Happiness comes in unexpected ways

Jennie Kim never thought her girlfriend could be a melomaniac, yeah they often discussed melodies, lyrics and the talent in the industry, but it was insane how Lisa could listen to The Beatles, Nirvana, the Rolling Stones, Twice, AC/DC, Journey, Nicky Minaj, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Frank Sinatra, and even Chopin's nocturnes, she had an immense collection of CDs, cassettes and Vynil records that Jennie never noticed before, she had discovered all this the day Lisa was cooking breakfast and her concerts were about to start, two weeks and the pop star would start her tour.

Lisa was humming a peculiar song that Jennie had heard before, but she couldn't remember the name, so she sneaked around Lisa and looked at her phone Fly me to the moon was the title and Jennie couldn't stop smiling, she just came closer to the chef, hugging her while the she was chopping onions for an omelette, "I thought you were still sleeping", Jennie kissed her cheek "I was... but this heavenly food woke me up, and actually your humming, you are cute, why don't you sing?, I wanna hear you sing".

Lisa's eyes widened "Jay... I don't know, I mean you are a singer, I'm actually a fan of your music, you knew that already, so I don't think I can sing when you are around, hey no, don't look at me like that, don't take me wrong, I get nervous, that's all".

Jennie giggled "Oh come on, you are good at everything, try, I won't judge, and I don't wanna pressure you, but if you don't sing for me I will make you get on the stage in one of my concerts to sing in front of everyone", Lisa got pale and Jennie laughed "Think about it Manoban, by the way what's your favourite song?, I think we never discussed this topic", Lisa chuckled and Jennie started to chopping some crispy bacon and mushrooms, "You are my favourite song", Jennie blushed "Are you gonna keep teasing me? I said that once Lisa! And you know what I meant", Lisa smiled and pecked Jennie's lips "Fly me to the moon, my parents used to sing it for me when I was a kid and I don't know, it makes me think about them, when we were all happy and things", Lisa teared up a little.

And Jennie kissed her on the lips "Let me listen to it, I have heard it before but not fully, like snippets, it's cute you remember you parents like that, it's a sweet memory", Lisa smiled and kissed Jennie cheek "Here take my earbuds, what's your favourite song?, We never talked about this, you are right", but Jennie was listening to some music on Lisa's phone and got surprised "You have a playlist for everything and they are huge, like seriously, how many songs do you have on this app?, I mean Britney, Adele, Muse, Eminem, Mozart?", Lisa shrugged her shoulders "I don't really know, I have a few albums on here as well, look".

Jennie saw how Lisa opened a little closet and cabinets, it was full of music, "Omg Lisa! This is huge! Like do you even listen to them?", Lisa nodded "Yeah!.. Well no, not right now, months ago I sold my stereo and it was retro, you could play CDs, cassettes, Vynil records, you know it was cool, I bought it for like 10 dollars and I repaired it, cause it wasn't working properly, I needed money, I just... This was way before I met you, so don't feel bad, I have been struggling for a while, but I'm doing so much better now, thanks to you, I already told you", Lisa kissed the girl on the forehead and went back to the kitchen, Jennie kept exploring around "Lala are you the kind of person that would listen to any kind of music all day?", Lisa smiled "Yeah and most likely my family was like that, actually most of my collection was from my parents, they were the same, they thought I would end up being a dancer".

Jennie smiled widely "You never cease to surprise me Manoban, I like you even more, well I love you more, just like you for this, it's a term just too simple to describe what discover new things about you makes me feel, Omg! Sir Elton is here, besides Celine Dione and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, ahhh I never answered your question, my favourite song used to be ...gosh, damn it, You are gonna laugh ...", Lisa was already laughing "Oh come on, tell me, please, I wanna know".