10

Weeping in his bed after a long day at being a 3rd wheel for Takumi and Akemi, Ren heard a knock at his front door. Ren quickly wiped his tears and went downstairs to his door. He opened it to be met with Sho, Mame, Sukai, and Shosei, the 4 members that were worried for him dearly. The other members were as well, but they had other things to take care of. The site of them made Ren want to bust out in tears and tell them all his slang about Akemi but he knew he couldn't. He sighed and let all of them in and rested on the sofa.

Ren slouched on the sofa and sunk down into it. He closed his eyes to avoid any tears slipping out. The 4 friends sat next to him, comforting him about everything. "I'm sure he doesn't like her back." Shosei said. Ren sniffled. "How can you be so sure?" Ren retorted. He sat up and put his face in his hands, tears seeping out his eyes. "They broke up once, it's a small chance they'll get back together." Mame chimed in. Ren let out small sobs as Sho and Shosei rubbed his back. "She's literally using him! How is he so oblivious? How did I fall for him so badly?" Ren cupped his wet cheeks and cried.

"There's only one thing you can do." Sukai said. "You have to fight." Sukai said, making fist and punching the air. Ren chuckled at Sukai's suggestion, but it slowly faded. "But how?" Ren asked. "I think what he means is get him away from the girl and get him closer to you." Sho explained. Ren blinked at it. "Oh. But-" Ren was cut off by Shosei. "Isn't it obvious? Get as much time with him as possible." He told him. Ren looked down with his blurry vision and nodded. "I'll try to hang out with him tomorrow, but it's gonna be hard. She's so clingy." Ren complained.

The other 4 chuckled at him. "Don't worry. We know our precious Ren can do anything." Sukai said. Ren wiped his soggy face and smiled. He took a deep breathe, thinking of a way to get to Takumi. Ren snapped his fingers and ran upstairs to get his phone. He was typing something while going down the stairs that the others couldn't figure out. 'Hey Takumi. Sorry about the way I acted today... I was wondering if we could go to a cafe tomorrow together?' It read as Ren showed his friends. "That's a good idea." Sho said, seeming of how Ren contacted him early to go out.

With a fast buzz, they all were curious to see what he texted back. 'It's fine, don't worry about it. Yea, sure. Is it ok if we get more studying in?' Takumi replied. Ren squealed and smiled, hugging his phone to his chest like a high school girl. The other members laughed at him. 'Sure, but I only want us two there. That Akemi girl is really clingy.' He texted. He wasn't wrong at all. There was another buzz, but it wasn't Ren's phone. Instead, it was Sho getting a notification from Ruki. "Oh, I said I would help Ruki with his cooking skills. Sorry, I gotta go." Sho said getting up.

The others made smug faces. Ruki and Sho got along very well and Sho was always willing to help Ruki with cooking since he wasn't the best. "I hope you have a good time tomorrow Ren." He told him before leaving the house. "Shosei, we should go to. Shion and Syoya have a movie planned for us, remember?" Sukai said getting up as well. "Oh right." Shosei said getting up, reciting that they had said that. The two left the house and went about to their shared apartment with all S4 members. Mame and Ren looked at each other. "You don't have any plans?" Ren asked him.

Mame shook his head. "Not that i'm aware of." There was another buzz from Ren's phone. He took it and looked at it. 'Right! I was planning on talking to you about it tomorrow if you were up to it.' Takumi responded. Ren figured he would talk to him about it at some point. "Well, now that that's planned, when will you tell him how you feel?" Mame asked. Ren looked at him embarrassed. "W-what? I can't! Well, not yet." Ren said that last part a little quieter. "He seems to really like you too. You guys seem close despite having known each other for a short while." Mame told him.

Ren cupped his burning red cheeks and closed his eyes, shaking his head. "S-so?" He stuttered. Thoughts of what Takumi and him could do if they were actually together rushed through his head. He got so embarrassed he thought he might faint. "Ok Mame, it's getting late and I think I should sleep." Ren said, pulling Mame off the couch and out the door to leave. "But it's only-" Mame was cut off by a door being shut in his face. "Tell me how it goes tomorrow." He shouted through the door. Ren checked the time on his phone. It was only 10:04.

Ren sighed and made his way up stairs and plopped on his bed. He looked back at the messages between him and Takumi with a smile. He made a happy sigh and turned over on his back. He smile at himself like an idiot reciting all the times they had together. He got up and decided he would head to bed. He took a shower and went back to his comfy bed. He drifted to sleep with the thought of Takumi on his mind.