15

After heading to their 4th bell, Takumi and Ren headed to set their stuff down and left the classroom before classes started. They wanted to wander around before having to sit and learn for an hour. Takumi checked the time on the clock and they had about 3 minutes before they had to be back in class. "Hey, Takumi?" Ren said, looking forward and avoiding eye contact. "Can I ask you something?" Ren stopped in his tracks and leaned against the window in the hall. He looked at Takumi in his eyes. "Do you really li-"

Ren was stopped by his 4th bell teacher. "You guys best get into this class or I'll mark you as late." The teacher said, peaking out into the hall with his head. Ren looked at Takumi with a sigh. "I'll tell you later." Ren said walking off to the direction of the class. Takumi tilted his head, realizing he hadn't even said a word, but followed Ren. Ren hadn't even noticed that time passed by fast. Ren and Takumi entered the room together and took their seat. Class began and Ren couldn't focus at all. The question that he was going to ask Takumi roamed in the front of his mind. He stared at Takumi half the class until the teacher got on him.

Ren cupped his cheek with his hand and looked out the window. Ren watched the clock the whole time if he wasn't looking at Takumi. There was only 15 minutes left of class and the only thing they were doing was taking notes. After that, class was over and Takumi and Ren walked out together. "So, what were you gonna ask me?" Takumi said as they walked to their next class. "Oh! I was gonna ask if-" Again, Ren was cut off by the sound of the irritating female he despised the most. "Takumi-Kun~" Akemi screamed from the other side of the hallway running to Takumi.

Ren rolled his eyes away from her. Akemi gave him a big tight hug. "I haven't seen you in soooo long." Akemi said, clinging onto his arm. "It was only 1 bell..." Takumi said to her. "Well, whatever." She said rolling her eyes. Ren saw the whole problem with her being with them. Ren couldn't get any time alone with Takumi and he knew it was a problem. "Takumi, I have to use the bathroom, can you come too?" Ren asked, holding his arm and not making eye contact. Akemi was still holding his arm, so it was like tug of war. "L-let me go with Ren for a second." Takumi said, stressing over the situation he was in.

Akemi gave him puppy eyes with slight tears. "B- I-I need you..." Akemi pleaded. Takumi gave her a nervous smile. "A-after school." Takumi assured her. Akemi let go of Takumi's arm and pouted. "Fine then!" She said, stomping away with a mean turn. Ren pulled Takumi into the bathroom and made sure no one was in there. "Takumi," Ren started, putting his head down with a slight frown. "What do you think about Akemi?" Ren said. He knew it, Takumi wouldn't think anything of her because of how clingy she was, but it could always change. Takumi looked around, thinking about his answer.

"Well, I mean, she's a good friend I guess." Takumi said. "D-do you..." Ren bit his lip before finishing the question. "Do you still... like her?" Ren tightened his throat, anxiously waiting for Takumi to respond. Takumi was thinking for a minute. "I-I don't know.." Takumi said, not giving a straight-forward answer. Ren looked at him with glistening eyes. "So you might?.." Ren said with a slightly sad tone. "I-I can't really tell.." Takumi said. "How do you feel about me then?" Ren asked with wide eyes, waiting on his respond intently. Takumi just looked at him. The longer he made Ren wait, the sadder Ren became.

"What's the answer?" Ren said with sad eyes worried about his answer. Takumi couldn't think of the right words. "I-I..." Takumi barely said. "Forget it." Ren said turning his back to Takumi and making his way to the exit. Suddenly, he felt a grip on his wrist and he was turned right back around, and felt a lip against his. As soon as he knew it, Takumi kissed him. Ren was in shock, frozen. He saw Takumi's closed eyes, shut tight. Ren's eyes glistened with joy, until he heard some boys coming. He broke the kiss and led Takumi into a stall. "We better hurry before we're late." He heard someone say. "Oh calm down. Mr. Nakamura won't care." Another said.

He heard the faucet turn on and water splashing around. He looked through the stalls crevasses and saw the boys washing off their faces. He saw them grab paper towels and leave after. Ren gave a reassuring exhale and looked at Takumi. His face was a bright red and he couldn't make eye contact with Ren. Ren had forgotten what happened so fast. His face turned red and he looked away. "I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what got into me..." Takumi said quickly. "No! It was fine. It was cool. Well, you know, not cool but like-" Ren couldn't figure out the words he wanted to say to the male so close to him.

They were both a blushing mess. "S-Sorry I kissed you!" Ren heard Takumi say, unlocking the stall and making a run for it. Ren was left in there, a blushing hot mess. He slid down the stall's wall and gently touched his lips. The kiss was tender and ginger. It was his first. He knew it could've have been Takumi's first. I was kissed by Kawanishi Takumi... Ren said repeatedly in his head. Wait, don't I like him? Ren asked himself. Wait, no! It wasn't like! Wasn't it... love? Ren said to himself, realizing what he was saying in his head. It was clear that he'd began to overthink. Ren realized the time and got out of his thoughts.

Like that, he rushed to class.