Partners

---Your POV---

     You were brought onto task force 141 as a sniper. You started out with the simple task of covering Ghost during some of his solo missions. It's safe to say that you've saved his ass more than once. He was subtle about it but he always made sure he expressed his gratitude to you. The two of you spent a lot of time together during your missions and you quickly grew close. One day, after several months of keeping it professional, Ghost finally gathered up the courage to ask you out on  a proper date. 

     Ever since that day, you were inseparable. Neither of you went on a mission without the other one and you were always around base together. This also meant that you got to spend a decent amount of quality time with Ghost's battle buddy, Soap. Over time, Soap grew to be your best friend. 

     The base you lived at was small but it gave everyone on the task force exactly what they needed. There was room for all of the equipment and everyone got housing of some kind, usually just a small one bedroom home. You shared a home with Ghost, both because you loved him and wanted to be with him but also to make room for someone else to be able to live on base. Not having your own place was fine, you loved living with Ghost. Besides, you always managed to get out of the house and have fun with your friends too. 

     You stood in the small bathroom of your tiny house looking in the mirror. "I don't know, do you think this looks right?" You called to Ghost. He poked his head in. "Looks great." He responded. You gave a heavy sigh. "You didn't even look." You told him. He stepped into the already cramped bathroom. "Sure I did." He said. He walked behind you. He wrapped his arms around your waist, hugging you from behind. "Besides, what does it matter when you always look great anyway?" He asked, planting a kiss on your cheek. You smiled, watching him through the mirror. You spun around and wrapped your arms around his neck. "You're too sweet." You told him. You laid a sweet kiss on his lips. "Now come on, the guys are probably waiting on us." You told him as you exited his embrace. You walked out of the bathroom and headed for the front door. Ghost fallowed behind you, putting on a casual mask. He opened the door for you and you headed off. 

---Ghost POV---

     Price always put on these little get togethers for the team, something about keeping good morale. I was never too fond of them but (y/n) always insisted on going. At least it wasn't a long walk to the base recreation building. 

     (y/n) got to the door and pushed it open. "Hey guys!" She greeted happily as she saw the rest of our team. We were met with smiles and greetings as we entered the building. Soap approached us. "Hey you two!" He greeted happily. His eyes landed on (y/n). "Wow, look at you. You look stunning." He told her. I noticed as she smiled and blushed. "Ahw, thank you." She replied. I stepped next to her and put my arm around her shoulders. "Watch it MacTavish." I warned. Soap rolled his eyes. "Oh right, I forgot. Just because this lovely lass is dating the most intimidating guy on base, I'm not allowed to give her any compliments. Is that right?" He asked me sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Sure, we'll go with that." I told him.

     (y/n) went to go play pool with Gaz, leaving me and Johnny alone. I watched (y/n) from across the room as she laughed and socialized. "You know you really have nothing to worry about." Soap told me. I shifted my gaze to him. "She's loyal to you in every way, completely dedicated to you." He told me. I stayed quiet to let him speak. "Besides, you're my friend. I would never cross that line." He told me. It's not like I was the particularly jealous type, but it's easy to let your mind wonder when seeing those two be so close with each other. After a moment of silence Johnny gave me a light punch in the arm. "Come on, How about a game of darts." He suggested. I gave him a nod. "Sure." 

---Soap POV---

     It's not like I ever lied about anything I've ever told Ghost. I loved seeing (y/n) so happy with him and I would never do anything to come between them. That was all true. The only thing is, every time Ghost accuses me of having feelings for her, that's true as well. Don't get me wrong, I would never act on those feelings, but sometimes I just want to pull her in and kiss her and deal with the consequences from Ghost later. It just sucks being so close to both of them, I could never hurt either of them. 

     As I lead Ghost over to the dart board, we passed by the pool table. (y/n) was leaned over the table, lining up her shot. It took everything inside me to keep my eyes from wondering. I could feel Ghost's eyes drilling into me, waiting for me to slip up. I held my breath.  I heard the crack of the pool balls as (y/n) sunk her shot. "Yes!" She laughed and cheered as she had just won the game. Her laugh was so intoxicating. As we walked by, Ghost gave her a little slap on the ass. While (y/n) had always been a bit more shy, Ghost was never afraid to show the others who she belonged to. He was always a little possessive like that. 

     Ghost and I played a few games of darts. I won most of the games. Between the two of us, I had always been the better shot. (y/n) came over as I pulled our darts out of the board. "And that's another game for me." I said proudly. "Oh come on, Boooo." (y/n) jeered. I chuckled. "Think you can do better lass?" I asked, offering her Ghost's darts. "Oh, I know I can." She said confidently, taking the darts from me. She took her first shot. "Good aim." I told her. "Did you forget that I'm a sniper? Good aim is kind of my job." She told me. I threw my dart, aiming slightly better than her. "I was once a sniper too." I told her, giving her a wink. Ghost gave me a glare, to which I just rolled my eyes. "Really?" (y/n) asked me, throwing her next dart. "Yeah. I was brought onto Task Force 141 as a sniper." I told her. "Guess we're more similar than we thought." She said, throwing her last dart. A perfect bullseye. "But not similar enough because I still have the better aim!" She cheered. I laughed. "Good game." I told her. 

     "You up for another game?" I asked (y/n). Ghost interjected. "Actually, we should probably be getting home. It's getting late." He said. (y/n) smiled and sighed.  "Yeah, I am a bit tired." She said. "Oh, well in that case, have a good night. I'll see you later ye?"  I asked. (y/n) smiled. "Yeah, I'll see you later." She said. Ghost turned to leave and (y/n) fallowed after him. "Goodnight - both of you." I called out as they left. (y/n) looked over her shoulder as she gave me a wave. "Goodnight." She said.