Coming Clean

---Soap POV---

     I was woken by a knock on the door. I groaned, it was still early in the morning. I laid still for a moment, hoping that the person would go away, but there was another knock on the door. I sighed. I moved slowly and quietly, trying not to wake (y/n) as I emerged from out shared bed. 

     I walked down the short hallway to the front door groggily. I opened it to see Price. "Good morning Captain." I said, straightening my posture. He waved off his hand, signaling me to stand at ease. "Where's (y/n)? I need to speak with her." He said. "She's still sleeping, but I'm sure she'll be up soon if you want to come in and wait." I told him, inviting him into my home. He nodded and stepped forward into the doorway. "Sure." He said. 

     I invited him to sit at the kitchen table as I brewed him a cup of morning tea. I was never fond of the stuff but I always kept some around for the Captain and for when Ghost used to come around to hang out, even though it had been a while since he had been around. I gave Price his tea and pulled out a chair to sit next to him. "So what brings you by?" I asked. "A house finally opened up for (y/n), I came to tell her the good new." He said before raising the tea to his mouth and taking a drink. I folded my hands in front of me. "Oh, well, in that case, you can give this place to the next person who needs it." I told him, referring to my house. He gave me a questioning look from behind his tea. "(y/n) and I are deciding to stay together." I told him. 

     Price smirked as he set down his tea. "Wouldn't you need a three bedroom then?" He asked me. I blushed as I began to explain. "Uh, no, um, me and her are actually like together." I barely managed to get my words out with how nervous I was. Price turned his gaze to me. "How long has this been going on?" He asked me. I looked down nervously. "I few weeks now. I know we should have told you sooner and I know your whole speech about not dating your colleagues but damn I love her. I just want to be with her." I spat out anxiously. Price waited a moment before smiling. "Can't say I didn't see it coming." He said before taking another drink of his tea. "That's it? Your not mad?" I asked him. I remember how disapproving he was when (y/n) and ghost started dating, I was expecting the same reaction. He simply shrugged. "She needs someone right now. You are kind, caring, gentle, I couldn't be happier that she's found her way into your arms." He told me. I smiled. "Thank you captain." I said. 

---Your POV---

     You woke up to the sound of voices conversing in the kitchen. You sluggishly got up out of bed and made your way to the kitchen. There, you saw Price and Soap happily talking. Price noticed you and turned his attention towards you. "So, what is a girl like you doing with a Muppet like Soap?" He asked you. You were taken back by his comment and turned quickly to Soap with a surprised look. He smiled and shook his head. "I told him this morning." He said. 

     "Oh." You said as you pulled up a chair to sit with the others. You locked eyes with Price. "W-we were gonna tell you. It's just that, with everything going on, I just-" Price cut you off with a wave of his hand. "Soap already told me everything, and I told him how happy I was for the two of you." He said softly. You smiled warmly. "Really?" You asked. Price smiled back with a nod. "You know the rules, just don't let it interfere with duty." He said. You and Soap smiled at each other, relieved by the captain's reaction. 

     Price leaned forward in his chair. "There is one other thing though." He said. You and Soap turned your attentions back to him. He paused for a moment. "You will have to tell Ghost. I don't want this turning messy." He said. You sighed and looked away. Soap noticed your aversion to the prompt and spoke up. "We agreed to spar later this evening, I'll tell him then." He said. He reached for your hand, taking it in his own. "I'll take care of it." He assured you with a soft smile. You smiled back weakly at him. 

     "Anyway, the reason for my visit." Price said, reaching into is pocket. He pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper and handed it to you. You took it in your hands as he spoke. "The housing you requested become available." He said. You unfolded he paper to see that is was your proof of issue from the base. You smiled widely, first at Price, then to Soap. You held Soap's hand tightly. "This is great! We can finally start building our life together." You exclaimed. Soap smiled back at you, his eyes lost in yours.

---Ghost POV---

     Soap and I had just finished sparing as the sun began to settle on the horizon. I'm glad we decided to start sparing again. We had stopped our routine practices because of everything that was going on. Though things are still awkward between us, I'll admit, I'm glad to still have my friend. 

     Soap dropped his fists as we finished our last round. "Whew, good fight mate." He sighed. "You too." I said, readjusting my stance. Soap grabbed his water bottle that had been sitting on the sidelines and took a few drinks. We stood in silence for a moment before I spoke up. "So, how's (y/n) doing?" I asked. Soap pulled the bottle away from his mouth as a smile appeared across his lips. "She's doing good. She's-" He cut himself off by clearing his throat before elaborating. I gave him a questioning look but chose not to say anything. 

     After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke up. "Hey man, can I tell you something- I mean, I should tell you something." He spoke awkwardly. "What is it?" I asked cautiously. he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Listen, (y/n) and I have been seeing each other for some time now. It just, feels wrong not to tell you, given how complicated everything is." He said, looking away at the ground. I felt my heart sink. The new stung. I couldn't tell if I was feeling sad or hurt or angry. I guess It was all three. 

     I guess I was quiet for a long time because Soap finally pitched in again. "Are you okay mate?" He asked. I shook my head. "I though you said that you would never cross that line." I told him. He shrugged. "And I didn't. I said that when you two were still together." He said.  

     There was another long paus. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I could say anything at all. Soap spoke up again. "Listen, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I love her. I really do. And I will take such good care of her. Of them both. I promise." He said. I stayed quiet, I couldn't say anything in return. I gathered my things and started walking in the direction of my home. "Are you heading home?" Soap called after me. I stopped and looked back over my shoulder. "Yeah. I just need some time. Just leave me alone for a bit yeah?" I called back. "Yeah. I'm sorry, but I had to let you know." He said back. I turned back to the direction of home. "Thanks for letting me know." I said before striding off.