Parting Ways

---Your POV---

     Today, you were finally moving into your new house. You and Soap had been packing your belongings for a few days, but to day was the day you got to start your new life. Soap asked Price and Gaz to help you move because it was too much for just the two of you to do alone. Well, mainly just Soap, since he wouldn't even think about letting you carry anything too heavy. 

     You watched as the men carried boxes into your new home. You were eager to help them. You bent down to pick up a box and braced yourself as you began to lift it up. "Hey, easy there darlin'. Don't hurt yourself." You heard from behind you. You turned to see Soap standing behind you. You rolled your eyes at him. "You worry too much." You told him as you began to walk away. Soap quickly stopped you and took the box from you. "Or I worry just enough." You sighed heavily as you swung your arms back down to your sides. 

     You followed behind Soap as he carried the box inside. "Why won't you let me help?" You whined. Soap shook his head at you. "You shouldn't be lifting anything too heavy. Nothing over twenty pounds." He told you matter-of-factly. "But I wanna help." You insisted as he set down the box. He smiled and took your chin in his hand. "How about you stay in here and take it easy. It would help me feel better." He told you sincerely. You pulled away from his grasp and strided back outside. "Not good enough." You called to him as you walked away. Soap sighed and rolled his eyes as he followed you, refusing to let you out of his sight. He had always admired how head strong you were but today, it was just exhausting him. 

---Soap POV---

   I left (y/n) with Gaz while Price and I moved a large, and rather heavy, crib inside. At least I knew Gaz wouldn't let her strain herself. I watched her from a far as she leaned against the house, looking tired. 

     Price noticed my staring and gave me a questioning look. "She looks exhausted. I wish she'd go rest." I explained. He smiled as he looked over to her as well. "Well, you know her, she just wants to feel like part of the team." He said. I sighed. "Yeah but I wish she's stop. I can't leave her out of my sight for a second. I feel like I've been chasing around a damn kid all day." I said. Price smirked. "At least it's good practice." He said. "Heh. Yeah, I guess." I laughed anxiously. Price noticed my anxiety. "You nervous?" He asked me. I raised my eyebrows at him. "More like terrified." I told him. 

     I turned my attention back to (y/n) as she touched her belly uncomfortably. My face grew worried. "What did I get myself into?" I thought out loud. Price gave me a questioning look. "You're not having second thoughts, are you?" He asked me. I shook my head. "No. No, nothing like that. I'm just...scared." I told him honestly. 

     Our conversation was cut short by Price's phone ringing. "Hold on, let me take this." He said as he answered the phone. I turned my gaze back over to (y/n) as Price talked on the phone. This time, she noticed me staring. She flashed me a loving smile before turning back to her conversation with Gaz. I smiled to myself. Oh, how I loved her. 

     I was pulled out of my thoughts by Price's firm hand on my shoulder. "That was Laswell, we've got to go." He commanded. "What?" I asked him. "We've got a hit on the terrorists we've been looking for. We need to go now before we loose them. I'll call in Ghost and have him on the ready to roll out." He said sternly. "Wait. Are you really expecting me to leave my very pregnant girlfriend at home, all by herself, while I go out and risk not coming back to her?" I asked him. He sighed heavily. "Soap, don't be ridiculous. (y/n) will be fine on her own for a while and you know you'll come back safe to her." He told me reassuringly. I crossed my arms and shook my head. "Forget it, I'm not going. I need to be here for her." I told him. He took a step closer and put a hand on my shoulder. "Soap, son, we need you on this one. Alright? I'll leave Gaz here with (y/n) to keep an eye on her. Please. We can't do this without you." He told me. I sighed and groaned. "Fine." I said reluctantly. 

     I made my way over to say goodbye to (y/n). She smiled when she saw me but her face fell when she saw my serious expression. "Is everything alright?" She asked me. I wrapped onw arm around her shoulders and rested my other palm on her cheek. She instantly returned the gesture, wrapping her arms around my waist. "I've got to go, Laswell called in a mission for us. Gaz will stay here with you and make sure you're alright while I'm gone." I told her. "Alright." She said, giving me a little squeeze. I brushed some hair out of her face and planted a gentle kiss on her lips. "I love you." I told her as I pulled away. She smiled back at me. "I love you too." She said in return. I moved my hands to her belly and pressed my forehead against hers. "I'll be back as soon as I can be." I promised. 

     I pulled away from (y/n) and turned my attention to Gaz. I pointed a finger at him sternly. "I'm trusting you. Take care of her." I instructed. Gaz laughed as he planted a hand on my arm. "She'll be fine." He said. "Soap!" I heard Price call out. I gave Gaz a nod before turning and catching up to Price. No matter how much I tried not to, I couldn't help but to worry about (y/n). I guess that's the price you pay when you make somebody your whole world.