Good Morning

---Soap POV---

     (y/n) shifted groggily in my arms as her heavy eyes slowly opened. I gave her a warm smile as she looked up at me. "Good morning." I told her sweetly. She smiled back at me softly. "Good morning." She said in return. 

     She sat up and rubbed her eyes sleepily. She looked over to me. "Did you sleep at all?" She asked me. "I did." I assured her. Though I don't think she would agree with my definition of sleep. I would doze off now and then for a few minuets in between keeping an eye on her and the baby, but it would hardly qualify as sleep. I didn't feel rested at all. I was exhausted but I felt like I had to keep going. I know that the doctors and nurses are here to do exactly what I was already doing, but I just couldn't leave either of them, even to sleep.  

     A nurse heard us talking and entered the room to take (y/n)'s vitals now that she was awake. (y/n) obliged with all their testing and happily got poked and prodded at. "Now can I see my baby?" She asked eagerly as the nurse finished their testing. They nodded. "Yes, I think that would be okay now." They said. (y/n) smiled happily at me. I gave her a quick smile in return before I turned to go retrieve the boy.  

     The nurse followed me out of the room and pulled me aside for a second. "(y/n)has suffered a lot of bleeding and she may still be a bit weak, so I advise you to help her in anything that may be too strenuous for her." They told me. I nodded and walked into the baby's room. I smiled widely as I saw him. The nurses had already taken his iv lines out and he was breathing without the mask now. It was a reliving sight to see. "You're looking stronger." I told him happy as I lifted him from his bed. I cradled him gently in my arms as I began to carry him back to (y/n)'s room. 

     I reentered (y/n)'s room with the tiny boy in my arms. She sat up taller and smiled at us. Her face showed a mixture of happiness as well as relief. I smiled back warmly at her as I approached her bedside. I climbed carefully into bed with her, still holding the boy in my arms. I passed him gently over to her and she took him into her arms with care. Her face dropped as her arms dipped lower. She was still very weak. Even though he was so small, he was too heavy for her to hold comfortably. I quickly scooted in closer and put my arm underneath hers for support. (y/n) leaned back onto my chest as I wrapped my other arm around her. She smiled softly down at her son. A smile grew on my face as well as I watched the two of them. "What are you gonna name him?" I asked her. She smiled. "I was thinking (b/n)." She said. I smiled back. "That sounds perfect." I told her. 

     A nurse entered the room. (y/n) and I both turned our attention to her. "You have visitors, but it's up to you if you want to see them." She said. (y/n) smiled and gave her a nod. "I want to see them." She told her. The nurse turned and left the room with a nod. I gave (y/n) a little squeeze around the shoulders as we enjoyed our last few moments alone together.

---Ghost POV---

     Everyone was eager to see how (y/n) was doing and excited to see the new baby. I wondered how they could feel such excitement when all I felt was nervous. The nurse who checked us in came back into the waiting room with a big customer-service smile. "They are taking visitors now. You can follow me." She said in a perky tone as she turned to lead us to (y/s)'s room. Laswell and Price eagerly led the way, followed by Gaz, and I took up the rear. 

     I followed everyone as the nurse led us into (y/n)'s room. I lifted my gaze as I entered the room. I was worried that (y/n) would still be in as rough of shape as she was in last night, but she looked okay. I could tell that she was still weak by the way that she leaned against Soap. Soap looked like he was supporting all three of their body weights. The poor lad looked so tired. Still, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of him in that moment. 

     Laswell was the first to approach (y/n)'s bedside as the rest of us lads stood back in shock. She set down a big bouquet of flowers and a card on her bedside table. "These are from me and this is from Alejandro and Rodolfo." She said. Pure joy laced her voice as she smiled wind. (y/n) smiled back at her. "Thank you." She said, her voice still sounding weaker than usual. Laswell stood for a second, practically jumping with joy, giddy to see the baby. "Now, can I hold?" She asked eagerly, reaching out her arms. 

     (y/n) gave soap a nod and he carefully got up from the bed, holding the baby securely in his arms. He passed him to Laswell gently. He made his way over to me and Gaz as Laswell cooed over the boy. "You look like shit mate." Gaz said to him as he approached. Gaz extended his arm, offering him a coffee. He immediately took it and gulped down several drinks. "Thank you." He said, barely prying the drink away from his mouth. Soap stood next to me, silently observing the small crowed. 

     Laswell walked over to Price with the baby. "Here John." She said, passing the child to him. Price looked suppressed and nervous as he took the little one but his expression quickly melted. He cracked a small smile as his eyes became misty as he stared down at him. He stood like that for a while before finally speaking. "Congratulations you two." He said, looking to (y/n) then Soap. "Careful, don't go soft on me now old man." Soap said to him. Price glanced back to soap. "Watch it MacTavish." He said to him. Soap laughed from beside me. 

     While everyone was still distracted with the baby, I taped Soap on his shoulder. He turned his attention to me and I motioned for the door. He gave me a nod, understanding what I wanted. He hesitated by the door for a moment, making eye contact with (y/n) and silently telling her that he was leaving. She gave him a little smile and a nod of approval before he stepped out the door. 

     We got outside the room and he turned to me. "Listen man, I'm sorry." He said. I gave him a confused look. "For what?" I asked. "For last night. I shouldn't have blown up on you like that. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry." He admitted. I shook my head dismissively. "I never took it personally. No hard feelings." I told him. He nodded to himself as we stood awkwardly for a minute. "So, what did you wanna talk about?" He asked me. I took a breath. "Look, you must know it's hard for me to see you with (y/n) and now with my son." I said. He gave me a challenging look but chose not to say anything. I cleared my throat as I continued. "It may be too late for me and (y/n) but I still want to be a part of my son's life." I told him. He shrugged and shook his head. "That's not my decision to make." He told me. It was silent between us for a moment before Soap spoke up again. "If you'd like, you can come over for dinner tonight and you can talk to (y/n) about it then. Besides, I could use the help." He said. I nodded. "Of coarse, yes, I'll be there." I said eagerly, jumping at the opportunity. Soap gave me a nod of acknowledgment. "Alright. See you tonight." He said before turning and making his way back into (y/n)'s room.