Labor Part 1

---Ghost POV---

     Our mission was a success; Laswell's intel was good. We managed to take out the terrorists we had been looking for. Now, we were just finishing up our job by loading up any illegal weapons they had so that they couldn't fall back into the wrong hands. As we worked, Price and Johnny talked casually about (y/n) and the baby and the new house. It was upsetting to hear but I did my best to just persist and work through it. 

     It took longer to load everything up than usual, given that (y/n) and Gaz weren't here, but we did out best to move things along quickly. I heard Price's phone ring from beside me. He set down what he was carrying as he fumbled through his many pockets searching for it. "Come on, lets get this done quickly so I can get back home." Soap urged him. "Hold on, I'm getting a phone call." He said. He finally pulled out the phone just as it stopped ringing. "Ahh, missed it. Huh, it was Gaz." He said. Soap turned to price with a worried expression. "Gaz? Why's he calling? Is something wrong?" He asked anxiously. Price shrugged in response. "I don't know, I missed the call." He said simply. 

     Just then Soap's phone rang. "It's (y/n)" he said. He basically dropped what he was holding to answer the call. "Hey darlin', is everything alright?" He asked in a concerned tone. I watched as his eyes grew wide. "Are you serous? Just hang on, I'll be there as quick as I can." He promised in a frantic voice. "What's going on?" I asked as he put the phone away. "That was (y/n), she's gone into labor." He sounded like he was trying to stay calm and collected but underneath the surface, you could tell he was freaking out. "Are you sure? She's premature." Price stated. "I'm pretty sure (y/n)'s sure. We need to go now." Soap said, walking to the drivers side of the Humvee. "Now hold on, we can't just leave this stuff here." Price said, gesturing to what we hadn't already loaded up. Soap opened the Humvee door "Price, it's my girlfriend, I'm going to go be there for her, no matter what." He said, getting into the vehicle. Price looked to me, seeing whos side I would choose. "This is (y/n) we're talking about. We need to go." I told him. I walked to the Humvee and got in shotgun. Soap gave me a nod. "Thanks buddy." He said. "Don't mention it." I told him.  

     Price got in after us and Soap drove us back to base. Even with his fast driving, it still took us a while to get home. When we finally got back to the base, we headed straight to the medics. We were immediately escorted back to (y/n)'s room. Soap went in first and rushed to her side. He held her hand in his as she smiled at him weakly. I was taken back when I saw her looking as pale and exhausted as she was. I felt like wanted to comfort her, put I knew I couldn't. The doctor approached Soap. "We only allow one extra person in the room at a time." She told him. He turned back to Price and I. "Get out." He told us. I hesitated. I wanted to plea with them to let me stay but I didn't say anything at all. "Get out." Soap said again, this time more aggressively. Price grabbed my arm and started escorting me out.

     Nurses closed the door behind us as we left the room. We sat down in a small waiting area just outside the room. I sat down with a shaky sigh. I guess Price noticed because he spoke up. "How are you handling all this Simon?" He asked me. I shook my head. "I don't know." I said. I thought for a moment. "I don't know how I'm supposed to feel." I admitted. Price extended his arm and laid a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it. "Its a difficult situation." He assured me. I stayed quit, not knowing how to proceed. 

     After a while, Price spoke up again. "Do you still love her?" He asked me. I looked at him, taken back by the question. "Do you?" He asked again. "Of course. I've always loved her. I've never stopped, not even for a moment." I told him. I hesitated before continuing. "I just...I made a mistake." I admitted. He raised an eyebrow at me. "And that mistake was?" He asked. I sighed. "Pushing her away. I should have never have done that and I regret it." I told him honestly. 

     Price smiled and gave me a pat on the back, like he had been assessing me and I passed his test. "You're gonna be okay Simon." He told me. I couldn't quite believe him. I still felt horrible. Like I was all broken up inside. "What do I do now sir?" I asked him. He leaned back in his chair. "Well, you can talk to (y/n), and you can talk to Soap, and you can try to convince them to let you into what is their life now. I don't think you will ever get back what you once had with (y/n), but you at least won't miss out on this part of your life." He told me.

     I was about to reply to Price when we were interrupted by Soap being shoved through the door by a couple of nurses. Price and I both stood to see what the commotion was. "Soap? What's going on?" Price asked him as we approached. Soap lifted his gaze to meet ours. He looked pale with tears brimming his eyes.  "It's (y/n). She was all pale and she was bleeding and the doctors just shoved me to get out. I don't know what's going on." He panted out, hiding panic behind his voice. "How's the baby?" I asked. Soap shook his head weakly. "He wasn't crying." He said softly. "He?" I asked. I couldn't believe it. I had a son in this world. Soap looked at me with disgust. "Yes, but he could die, and so could (y/n)." He said. He took a step closer to me and shoved me back aggressively. "And you did this to her." He said, with rage and hurt in his voice. 

     To be Continued...