Talk Over Tea

---Your POV---

     It had been months since you had had a proper conversation with Ghost. Still, he was relentless in his efforts to talk to you. He texted you nearly everyday and would call once or twice a week. You usually just ignored him but one day you decided to pick up his call. Neither of you knew what to say to the other so you just agreed to meet for tea and you could talk then. That discussion was several days ago and you were only getting ready to see him now.

     You finished putting your hair up as you walked to the door to put your shoes on. Soap noticed you as you walked by. He sat at the kitchen table, doing some work on his laptop. You turned his attention to you. "You look nice." He told you. You rolled your eyes. "I look bloated." You said bluntly, referring to your belly. Soap gave you a smile. "You still look nice though." He told you. You gave him a soft smile in return.

     You slipped on your shoes and grabbed your things. "Alright. Phone, wallet, keys." You muttered to yourself quietly. "Is today the day? Are you gonna go talk to him?" Soap asked. You nodded. "Yeah." You said softly. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asked. You shook your head. "No, I'll be fine alone." You said. You opened the door to leave, exchanging goodbyes with Soap as you did. You began making your way to Ghost's place. 

---Ghost POV---

     I sat at the kitchen island anxiously waiting for (y/n). I took a sip of my tea as my fingers tapped impatiently at the counter top. It had been so long since I had talked to her. What would I even say?

     My attention turned as (y/n) opened the door and walked through. She got inside and kicked off her shoes, greeting me with a little smile. "Hey." She said quietly. I stood to greet her. "Hey. Let me put on some tea for you." I said. She waved her hand dismissively. "No, I've got it." She said, making her way to the kettle. She sifted through the tea drawer, searching for her favorite one. I guess I had forgotten that she had once lived here. 

      I sat patiently as I waited for her to finish making her cup of tea. She eventually grabbed her cup of tea and sat down next to me. "So, how have you been?" I asked, making casual conversation. She gave me a little smile. "I've been doing alright. What about you?" She asked in return. "I've been missing you." I told her honestly. She didn't respond and grew quiet. We sat there like that in silence for a while, not knowing what to say. I took in a deep breath and sighed it out heavily. "(y/n), come home." I told her softly. Her expression dropped and she looked away. "No." She said just as softly. "Why not?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked around. "This just isn't my home anymore." She said. 

     There was a long pause between us. Seconds felt like hours piling on before I finally broke the silence. "What about us?" I asked. She sighed. "You decided that we were over when you walked out that door." She told me bluntly. I hesitated, thinking of what to say next. "I came back that night." I told her. She shrugged. "I don't care. You were so harsh to me and then you just left." She said. The sound of hurt laced her voice. I gave a sigh, feeling guilty. "I know and I'm sorry. If I could take it back, I would." I told her. She looked down at her cup of tea. "Well, it doesn't matter now." She said, tracing the rim of her glass with her finger. 

     (y/n) took a long sigh. She looked up from her drink, eyes meeting with mine. "You know, this whole time, you haven't mentioned the baby." She said. I was caught off guard. "Uh, right, um, it's just- I was just trying to-" Before I could finish, she cut me off. "Trying to pretend like this whole situation isn't happening?" She asked. I sighed. "No, that's not what I'm saying." I told her. She shook her head. "You text me every day. You ask how I am am how I'm doing. You tell me that you miss me and that you love me...but you don't love me. You love the idea of me. You love the me with no strings attached and no complications." She said. I shook my head. I was at a loss for words. "That's not true." I told her. 

     After a moment of silence, (y/n) sighed and set her tea aside. "You know what, Ghost, it's getting late, I should go home. Johnny's waiting on me." She said, getting up from her seat. Her words echoed in my mind. It hurt to think that to her, I was no longer Simon, but only Ghost. It hurt to hear her so eager to get back to Soap. I bit my lip. "Are you and Johnny...together now?" I asked with the last of my courage. She shook her head. "No. Why does everyone keep asking that?" She asked, putting on her shoes. I kept quiet. "Thanks for the tea." She said, opening the door to leave. "Of course." I told her. I paused for a moment, thinking of what to say next. "Please keep in touch." I told her. She hesitated before giving me a faint smile. "Okay." She said before turning and leaving. 

---Soap POV---

     I sat in the living room, hopelessly waiting for (y/n) to come back. She went to go see Ghost a while ago now. I wasn't sure if she was coming back. I wasn't sure if he had convinced her to go back to him or stay the night with him. It made my chest tighten. I know we're not together, but still, its hard not to feel threatened by Ghost, by what they had together. I sat, silently hoping that she'd come back all evening. 

     Just then, I heard the door open. My face lit up as I saw (y/n) come through the door. I stood to greet her. "Hey!" I greeted happily, with a smile on my face. She looked at me a bit confused. "Hey you." She said. I limped my way over to her, my hips and back hurting from the uncomfortable couch. She looked at me with disapproval. "Is sleeping on the couch hurting you that badly?" She asked. I shrugged. "Nah, it's nothin." I said. I tried to play it cool but in reality, yes, it did hurt me that badly. It didn't matter though, as long as (y/n) was comfortable. She rolled her eyes at me, clearly not believing me. "Why don't you just sleep in the bed with me?" She asked. I tried my best to fight it, but I could tell that I blushed a little. I put my hand on the back of me neck awkwardly. "No, lass, that's your space." I told her. 

     She sighed. "Then I guess I'm not asking, I'm telling. Come to bed." She told me, making her way to the bedroom. I followed, hobbling behind her. She got to the bedroom and set her things down on the bedside table. "Just sleep on that side." She said, casually motioning to the other side of the bed as she took her hair down. I sat down on the side she directed me to. I watched her, awkwardly waiting for next direction. She took some night clothes out of the dresser and went to the bathroom to change. I stayed put on my side of the bed. I sat there, my heart racing. I felt like it could jump out of my chest. 

     (y/n) came back to the room, now changed and ready for bed. She laid down next to me and shimmied under the covers. She looked up at me with her big beautiful doe eyes. "So, are you just gonna sit there all night?" She asked me sarcastically. "Oh, right." I said, moving underneath the covers and laying next to her. I looked into her eyes, feeling like I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She gave me a smile. "Goodnight Johnny." She said, finally closing her eyes. I smiled at her in return. "Goodnight lass." I said back.