Chapter 1: Everything is Normal, Everything is Fine.

Y/POV 

Today was a rainy day, the kind where you just want to curl up in a ball and sleep all day. Unfortunately I have school today, even though I get decent grades, the thought of going to school frightens me because of all the bullies waiting there. As if that were bad enough, I have to deal with a mother who hates me and blames me for the death of her child, all those years ago.

~FLASHBACK to when you were 10 years old~

"Come on Tommy! Lets go play on the swings!!!"

You yell as you run over to your little swing set your father had built you when you were four years old, the same age as Tommy Is now in fact.

"Okai Y/N"

Tommy yells running around the corner with his little teddy bear towards you and the swings. Tommy carried that little brown teddy bear everywhere he went and to be honest, it was still in very good condition. As Tommy approached the swings, you picked him up and put him on because he couldn't reach it all by himself yet. As you started pushing him he kept saying,

"Higher! Higher!"

but you were smart enough to know that if you were to push any higher, he would fall off and get hurt. Well, at least you knew from experience from your first time on the swing. Tommy and I were playing for a while at this point, going from the swing, to playing silly games we had created. We barely saw that it was starting to get dark out, that was until our father had come out with an empty bottle in his hand. He walked towards us, as best as he could at the moment, stumbling here and there but finally made it to us, with rage in his eyes. At that moment you knew what was going to happen because before Tommy was born you had seen your father a few times like this, but whenever you did, things always took a turn for the worse. You were about to grab your little brother and run but that's when it happened. Your father slurred out,

" You little piece of *hic* sh*t! You need to *hic* learn to pick up after yourself! *Hic* You know what?!?! You two were the worst *Hic* mistakes of my life! You should have never been born!" and with that he tightens his grip on the bottle, raising it above his head, about to swing at you and little Tommy. You quickly went to grab Tommy and run but before you could you heard the loud sinister thud of glass and a high pitched scream of fear as you turned to see your mom who was on the porch behind your father, staring at your now dead little brother laying flat on the ground with glass shards in the back of his head gushing, producing a pool of blood around him.

Sirens and sobs. That's all you could hear. Your mother was holding little Tommy in her arms, as she rocked him like she did when he was first born. I fell to my knees with tears falling down my cheeks. I grabbed my brother's favorite teddy and looked over to where my father had been. He was laying on the ground passed out. I slowly looked back to where little Tommy was and saw my mother looking at me with rage and sadness in her eyes.

"Y-you could h-have saved h-him" she said between sobs

"YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HIM! YOU KILLED HIM YOU LITTLE B*TCH!!" Your mother yelled as she was about to get up but soon looked over in the direction the sirens were coming from to see a squad of policeman run over to help.

-Time skip (half hour)-

After the police arrived Tommy's body was taken away in a small stretcher, covered in a white sheet. Your now awake father was taken away too, but him by the police in handcuffs and Tommy by the paramedics. That left you with your still pissed off mother who would now take all her anger out on you.

~End of Flashback~

So, here I am now, seven years later. So much has changed ever since that day, but enough thinking about the past I need to get to school. I slowly got out of bed and put down my favorite teddy bear, which also used to be my brothers bear. I then started walking over to my black drawer  where I keep my clothing. I rummage through the drawers and find my maroon shirt and a pair dark blue jeans. I then quickly grab them and rush to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After my shower, I grab by navy blue pull over hoody and put it on. I quickly pick up my black backpack then I put on my black converse and rush out the door, avoiding my now passed out mother on the couch with an empty bottle in her hand. I begin to walk to school with a small smile on my face as I pull up my hood, avoiding the rain. Soon enough I am at school and I think to myself, 'Everything is normal. Everything is fine.'

Everything but me.

A/N

Hai everyone this is my first chapter to my FIRST ever story written on Wattpad! I hope you guys enjoyed it and make sure to look forward to the next chapter cuz things are gonna get awesome! ^w^