Chapter 139

“Weiqi?” Dara hard everyone speaking English and felt confused.

Li Weiqi felt his head aching. He knew his parents wouldn’t compromise easily, but he didn’t think they’d send this killing machine.

“Dara, this is my elder brother. This is my older sister, and this is the princess of our family.”

Dara looked at the girl that was about Lisa’s age, and she repeated the address that Li Weiqi had said in surprise, “Princess?”

“It’s over, Uncle. Not only is this woman old, but she also has dementia.” The killing machine opened her mouth again.

“Lily, you clearly know she can’t understand what you’re saying. Even if you say more, it won’t mean anything,” the well dressed woman said.

Lily pouted. “I know, but my Mandarin isn’t good. I’d sound dumb if I spoke it.”

Li Weiqi said helplessly, “Lily, I’m begging you, can’t you speak nicer? I like her, and she’s your aunt. You should respect her.”

Lily nodded. “I’ll try, but I might not be able to. She’s just really, really, really old!”

“…” Li Weiqi felt like his heart was being stabbed by a knife.

Dara sat there, listening to the people communicating in English. She only understood one or two words. As she was unable to understand what they were saying, she felt useless and increasingly nervous.

“I’m Weiqi’s elder brother, Li Jihua,” the middle-aged man sitting in the middle said after noticing Dara’s unease.

“Hello, m-my name is Sandara Manoban.” Dara was at a loss. Facing such an obviously high class person, once she opened her mouth, all of her confidence disappeared.

When he saw how meek she was, Li Jihua felt unsatisfied. However, he didn’t reveal it in his expression as he had to give his brother face.

“I heard that you also have a daughter, why didn’t you bring her with you?”

“She’s already on the road, so she’ll be here soon,” Li Weiqi replied.

Lily’s eyes turned in thought, and using Mandarin more awkward than Li Weiqi’s, she said, “Uncle, how does it feel to become a dad?”

Lisa’s hands, which were on her knees, tightened. She turned her head to look at Li Weiqi, clearly caring about his answer.

Li Weiqi reached out his hand to hold hers, giving her a meaningful glance to help her relax, and said, “As long as it’s Dara’s child, I’ll like them. I love Dara, and nothing will change my fondness for her.”

When she heard his words, Dara’s heart immediately calmed down. She looked at Li Weiqi emotionally, her eyes revealing her happiness.

“Uncle, your words can’t be trusted. Last time, when you were together with Vivian, you also said that you liked her. But, when Vivian had a child, you didn’t like her anymore,” Lily said condemningly.

Her pronunciation was off, causing her words to sound funny, yet Dara couldn’t find it in herself to smile. She bit her lip as she looked at Li Weiqi, wanting to hear a reasonable explanation.

She really was a killing machine! Li Weiqi bemoaned in his heart. He was afraid that Dara would overthink things, so he quickly explained, “It’s not that I don’t like children, it’s because that child isn’t mine.”

When she heard this, Dara’s complexion worsened.

Li Weiqi also saw this and hurriedly continued, “Dara, listen to me. Vivian gave birth to her child when we were in a relationship, but that child wasn’t mine. She was cheating on me.”