Chapter 188

When Zhou Quan returned, he was stunned to learn the current amount of his survival gold from the director.

When he left, he barely had enough survival gold left for a meal. But now, he actually had over five thousand dollars? How?

“Director, it’s so nice of you guys to give me so much survival gold,” Zhou Quan exclaimed in surprise.

The director replied placidly, “This is the survival money that your replacement earned.”

“Who is this talented person?” Zhou Quan asked curiously.

“You can ask the others.”

Hence, Zhou Quan really went and asked the others.

The others fell silent upon hearing his question.

“What’s wrong?” Zhou Quan stared inquisitively at their devastated faces.

“Brother Quan, tell us honestly. Is the director a relative of yours?” Rong Hui questioned.

“How is that possible? Also, how is that even related to my question?” Zhou Quan became even more perplexed.

As the eldest in the group, Xiao Yufeng replied with a look of disdain, “Don’t tell me you have no idea how much survival gold you have now.”

Zhou Quan widened his eyes in a suspicious manner. “Could the director really be a relative of mine? It’s unfair to you guys for him to give me so much survival gold without rhyme or reason!”

“Foolish! Who said that the director was the one who gave you your survival gold?” Xiao Yufen pursed her lips.

“Sister Yufen, he has a point. The director was the one who gave him his survival gold. Otherwise, why would the director let the talented Lisa replace him instead of giving her a spot in this show?” Dissatisfaction tainting Zhuzhu’s tone.

“Lisa? Lisa was the one who earned me the money?” Zhou Quan’s surprise increased.

“Yeah, what Zhuzhu said makes sense. The director is biased towards Zhou Quan. Otherwise, why didn’t he get someone else to replace him?” Xiao Yufeng added.

“Are you guys talking about that supermodel, Lisa Manoban?” Zhou Quan asked.

“That’s her!”

Zhou Quan’s eyes brightened. “How did she do it?”

“You’ll find out when the show is broadcast,” Zhuzhu answered.

The others also turned their heads away, ignoring Zhou Quan, the guy who was favoured by Lady Luck herself.

Meanwhile, Lisa, who’d left before Zhou Quan returned, had already reached home. As soon as she entered the house, she saw Grandfather Yang and Xiao An sitting side by side on the sofa watching television.

“I’m back!” Lisa raised her voice a notch upon seeing them so engrossed.

Xiao An acknowledged and greeted her before turning his head back to the television screen. Grandfather Yang responded similarly.

This isn’t normal! Lisa found it weird. Placing her luggage on the side, she walked over. Eh?

Isn’t this the drama, ‘Redeeming My IGD Boyfriend’?

On the screen, her character was on the way to visit the male lead played by Zhang Yue, lunchbox in hand. In the end, the male lead was playing games in his dormitory. Despite her presence, he greeted her without turning his head away from the screen.