Chapter 187

“Lisa, this is K, he’s the videographer that will be following you on-site.” The director pointed towards the videographer.

Lisa turned and nodded to K. “Please take good care of me!”

“Alright, go on in to get familiar with the others.”

As soon as Lisa entered the room, she saw a few couch potatoes. The three sofas were already occupied by three people. There was a man straddling the chair while hugging the seat rest, and a man sitting on the carpet slumped against a sofa. They didn’t uphold any image at all.

“Oh, a newcomer.” The man who was laying wasted on the floor stood up, not hiding the excitement on his face.

“Who is it?” Those who were lying on the sofa sat up as well.

“Hello, everyone. I am Lisa Manoban.” Lisa dragged a large suitcase into the living room.

“Ahem, Big Hui, tell the newcomer about our rules here,” the woman occupying the largest sofa cleared her throat.

The rest were staring at Lisa, their eyes shining brightly like a desperate wolf that had been starved for a long while.

There are rules here? Lisa raised her eyebrows slightly.

The man sitting on the carpet licked his lips. In order to look more imposing, he purposely stood up before he said, “Every newcomer has to buy us a meal.”

“A meal? No problem.” Lisa agreed readily.

Everyone’s faces lit up.

“Where do I sleep tonight?”

“I’ll show you to your room.” One of the guys offered to help her carry her luggage.

“Hey, lass. Are you a replacement or a host?”

Lisa had reached the corner of the stairs when she heard the voice of the older woman who had spoken at the start. She turned and replied, “Replacement.”

The few people in the living room were startled.

“Oh my God, she’s actually a replacement.”

“Now I don’t have the heart for her to buy us a meal. Zhou Quan has less survival gold than any of us. Even if she wants to buy us a meal, I doubt she can afford it.”

“How strange. Why did she choose to be a replacement? There is no benefit at all. The survival gold she gets is still what the previous person had left.”

“We’ll probably be holding both the welcome party and the farewell party tomorrow.” The few people spoke one after another, their faces full of sympathy.

Meanwhile, another conversation happened upstairs.

“How should I address you?” Lisa asked the man who helped her with her luggage.

“I’m Rong Hui, I am older than you.”

The emphasis Rong Hui placed on the word “older” caused Sheng Jiaoyang to smile. “Then Brother Hui, please take care of me.”

Rong Hui suddenly felt a sense of responsibility. Previously, he was the youngest in the group and was always teased by the others. Finally, someone younger than him had arrived and she was likeable too. He immediately patted his chest and said, “Don’t worry, this big brother will be your shield for what comes next!”

“You guys look extremely tired. Did you do something physically demanding today?”

“You have no idea how sadistic the missions are. The director is savage. We tour almost half of Sydney today. We set out at dawn and didn’t return until an hour ago. You said you are a replacement. Did the director trick you? Replacements are pitiful, especially for your case since you are covering Senior Quan. Tch Tch… He doesn’t have enough survival gold left to even get a bite of food.”