-3-

Ryan & Austen ^^
"Shit."

"Fuck."

"No, no, no! This can't be happening, I have to get home and take care of my brother, I-I can't stay here. Not for two damn days!"

Ryan balls his hand into a fist. "That bitch better be lyin'. I am not spending the night with Austen aggravating the hell outta me. Hell no."

"Of course you're worried about having to deal with your brother." Delilah blinks back tears while she throws her truck into park in front of the house, gripping the wheel as tight as she can.

"Delilah?"

She doesn't respond, she instead just wiped away a tear that had silently slipped down her cheek, turning her head in attempt to hide it from Ryan. She's tough, he can't see her cry. Nobody can.

"Delilah, park your car in the garage so it doesn't get damaged tonight."

"No, I can't take your truck's spot."

"Yes you can, it's a Ford, mine can handle some water. It's built Ford tough, y'know."

She let out a small laugh that made Ryan slowly want to let his smile show, but he didn't.

"But.. sometimes Ford isn't built as tough as they say, especially when yours is literally found on road dead."

"Yeah, very funny. Typical Ford joke. You drive one too, y'know."

"At least mine ain't broken."

"Give it time.. hey, didn't you say yours was acting up this mornin'?"

"..yeah."

"Technically.."

"Almost found on road dead, but it wasn't."

Ryan elbows her in the side, a playful, crooked grin on his face. He never joked around with Riley like this.

She smiles back at him before turning her attention back onto her truck. "Are you sure you're fine with me taking your truck's spot?"

"I'm sure, go 'head."

"Thank you."

"Hey, ain't no problem."

Ryan guided her where to go until her truck was parked safely inside the massive garage that held his entire car collection.

He gets out of her truck and heads inside through the door that connected the garage to the house, and immediately heads for his bedroom in attempt to not have to deal with his family, because he knew that Austen, Riley and Patty Lynn are all packed inside and stranded there until day after tomorrow.

Delilah stumbled upon Patty Lynn in the kitchen, cooking to get her mind off of the raging storm.

"Uh.. hi, Mrs. Upchurch."

"Miss Adams, dear, why didn't you stay home today?"

"I couldn't miss my first day of work because of a little rain.. but then that little bit of rain turned into a lot, so.."

"I'm so sorry, you can stay the night here. We've got one last empty guest room."

"I really don't wanna be a bother, ma'am, I could just sleep in my truck."

"No guest of mine is gonna sleep in their truck, you go on down the hall and settle in for the night, okay? It's not safe to sleep out there."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. It's the room all the way down the hall at the end and to the left."

"Thank you, Mrs. Upchurch, this means a lot."

"It's nothing Delilah, just- Ryan's in the room across from yours so, fair warning. He might be a little mad about this whole situation."

"I won't bother him. Goodnight ma'am."

"Please, call me Patty."

"Okay, Patty. Goodnight."

"Goodnight dear."

Delilah walks up to the room as quietly as she can when she hears a woman's voice from behind Ryan's door.
It's probably nothing.

She opens the guest door and steps inside and quickly closes it back, getting ready to go to sleep. The quicker she falls asleep, the quicker the night'll go, and the quicker these two days will go by so she can be back home with her brother and her dad.

Delilah takes off her coat, kicks off her boots and takes off her beanie and lays it on the nightstand.

"Shit, I ain't got no clothes.."

Sure, she always kept a pair of extra clothing in her truck but the door that led to the garage was locked and she didn't have a key-so she had to sleep in the clothes she wore today.

She runs her hand through her messy hair while she looks down at her sock clad feet.

Today's definitely not her best day.

She wishes she never came here.

Ryan rolls over with his back to Riley, a mess of emotions and dark thoughts swirling through his mind.

Waylon crawls up to him and nudges his arm until he raised it high enough to wiggle his way underneath Ryan's heavily tattooed arm and lay beside him.

Riley was already sleeping on her half of his bed, even though he really really wished she would've just stayed home. He wasn't in the right place of mind right now and he doesn't want to show her this side of him.
He's been slowly falling back into a dark place and the thing is.. he didn't have a clue why.

Ryan pets Waylon, ignoring the fact he was a little allergic to him because he adored that cute little fluffy white and brown puppy.

"Ryan?" Riley says, tiredness filling her soft voice. She rolls over and looks at him, her eyes barely open. "Ry."

"Mm.. fuck off."

She rolls back over and crosses her arms, pulling the sheets up over herself and stealing Ryan's covers from him in the process.

He grabs the blanket and tugs them back, covering himself back up. "Stop takin' my blankets."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

Ryan rolls his eyes before he shut them, ignoring his girlfriend so he could get some sleep and forget today ever happened.