-52-

Five months later.

"It doesn't matter if it's four-wheel drive or two-wheel drive! It's a windshield wiper!"

"Ma'am-"

"I just need new windshield wipers for my truck, okay? The drivetrain doesn't matter whatsoever." Delilah rolled her eyes. The young boy behind the counter at Autozone looked like a deer in headlights, confused by her refusal to answer his retarted question. He opened his mouth to speak, but she cut him off by saying no and pointing towards the one she needed, which was right behind him.

"Just give me the damn wipers."

"I need to know-"

"Windshield. Wipers." She crossed her arms over her chest, sighing. "Right behind you."

"Two wheel or four wheel?"

"C10. I told you already that it's a Chevrolet C10."

"Four or-"

"Two. Two wheel drive, okay?"

"Thank you." The boy brushed his bangs from his eyes and spun around to grab her wipers, then turned back to face her and slapped them down on the counter. "$35.25."

Delilah grabbed the cash from her purse and handed it to him, took her receipt and windshield wipers for her truck and left. Her Excursion sat proudly in front of the store, the blueish black paint dotted with raindrops shimmering beneath the afternoon light. She climbed in and dropped the light bag in the passenger seat and started the truck. It came alive with a comforting roar and she had mere seconds before the annoying beep began, indicating she needed to buckle her seatbelt.

"I'm not even moving, okay? Stop." She grumbled, buckling herself in. Settling into her seat, she backed out of the parking lot and headed towards Ghost Ranch. The radio played softly in the background and rain began to fall from the gray, cloud-filled sky.

Gravel crunched beneath the tires, the brakes squealing to bring the Ford to a slow stop by the porch. Delilah turned the key in the ignition and pulled it out before dropping it into her purse. It can be left unlocked, there's no one but Ryan and Delilah around for miles.

Especially since Patty Lynn and Austen got their own houses by themselves.

A cool breeze rolled inside the cab through the cracked door, carrying the scent of rain and damp earth inside.

Droplets splattered on Delilah's skin as she darted from the truck to the porch. She kicked her shoes off by the front door and shook her head like a dog, water flinging around her from her chocolate waves.

Ryan met her at the door and laughed at the sight. She smiled up at him, hair and clothes still a little wet from the storm rolling in.

They've been calling for a big storm for days now, and only today has it started. It reminded Delilah of her first day working for Ryan, and getting caught in that flash flood.

She wrapped her arms around his middle and hugged him, feeling his arms do the same back to her. They stayed like that for a moment, not saying anything to each other.

Ryan lifted her up with ease. Wind howled behind them, then a rush of cold air blew past them, ruffling Delilah's damp hair. She wrapped her legs around his waist and traced a finger across his jaw.

She pressed a whisper of a kiss to his cheek. "I missed you." With her other hand, she tilted his head upwards and met his stare. Cold, but beneath that ice cold look, a fire burned. A fire only she could set ablaze.

"I missed you too." He rasped.

Delilah leaned in so close her lips teasingly brushed his. She could've sworn his breath hitched, just a second before she kissed him.