-34-

With knees that felt like jello she crawled onto his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. The soft sound of gentle waves lapping at the land and what parts of the two were inside the pond was mere background noise at this point because all either of the two could hear was their heavy breathing and rapidly beating hearts.

Ryan's rough hands that were calloused from ranch work found their way to her hips and fit there like his hands were molded for her perfect curves. She intertwined her own fingers behind his head and looked down at him only to catch him staring at her breasts that were basically a little below eye level for him. She didn't blame him, really, they were essentially staring back at him through that shitty bralette.

"Ry..?" She asked with a hushed tone so she wouldn't disturb the quiet, fragile, love ridden atmosphere they'd created in the anything-but-silent woods. "Ryan?" When she didn't get a response from him, her mind slowly started to run rampant with incessant, stupid things she knew weren't true but her overthinking led her to believe they were. Her eyes trailed off to the house hidden by the thick brush and tall trees and she wished the ground would open below her and swallow her whole so she'd never be seen again, even if she knew her leaving would break his already torn up, fragile heart.

"I'm sorry.." with regret and worry plaguing her mood she began to shift on his lap to move, possibly even leave, when he tightened his former loose grip on her hips and pulled her back down onto his lap rather gently-well, as gently as a man that sometimes (especially when he's drunk) doesn't know his own strength can- and took one hand away from her hip and instead placed it under her chin. He swiftly moved her chin downward and made her look at him before he spoke.

"Don't be, you ain't done nothin' wrong baby."

Baby.

He's called her that (and countless other nicknames) a million times before but she never really tied them to being anything more than harmless teasing. Today was different, and she recognized a series of things added onto that sweet nickname. His southern drawl seemed to be thicker than it usually was when he spoke, and the sound of his voice was unusually lower than what she'd come to know was his normal. She lowered her head and pressed a gentle, loving kiss to his forehead and he rubbed his thumb across the band of her shorts. His thumb almost dipped beneath the fabric, but he didn't dare venture beneath the band without permission. "Did I- should I move?"

"No." He said lowly once she pulled her head far enough away from his she could actually see him face to face again. "..why?"

"'Cause I said so," he whispered. "I don't want you to move."

Do something then. She said, but only inside her head. As if he could read her racing mind, he roughly brought his lips to hers and kissed her with a passion that was missing from the first time he pressed those same, full lips to hers. She tore her hands apart and grabbed the back of his head with one and let his wet curls surround her hand. She lightly bit his bottom lip and he surprisingly let out what sounded like a small moan, but she knew if she asked, no matter how nicely or how many times she asks, he'd deny it. She didn't give a fuck though, she was more focused on the way his hand was gripping the flesh of her ass that was covered by a thin layer of black fabric that she honestly wished he'd rip off her.

The kiss got more and more heated as time progressed, even if it was probably seconds in reality, and soon, the two had went from a mere sweet kiss to a very.. passionate make out session between the two as they desperately clawed at each other, wanting and needing to be closer yet it wasn't possible. Delilah pressed herself against him and whimpered into his mouth when he squeezed her ass.

He pulled away slightly so their mouths parted but their foreheads stayed connected, resting against each other. Delilah panted and rested her hand against his bare chest, pissed that her thin layers of clothing was keeping them apart. "Fuck.." he whispered, sighing heavily. She looked into his eyes and noticed how the light shade of ice blue was darkened to a sapphire onyx color.