-9-

Delilah's '03 Excursion tossed up a mixture of mud, gravel, grass and leaves behind it mercilessly while she drove on the dead grass pathway that led to the road, her radio blaring so loudly you could hear $uicideboy$ playing from miles away. The blacked out truck faded into the fog until Ryan couldn't see it anymore, but could still hear the booming sound of the exhaust.

Bee was huddled close to Ryan's arm for the extra warmth and Mary Jane was at his feet, watching Delilah's truck glide over the dirt without a single problem. MJ was gonna miss Delilah. She was mostly going to miss the treats she had gotten from the exceptionally sweet woman.

The darkness of the former night sky had now turned into a somewhat bright shade of blue, the gray clouds turning back into their usual white puffy selves, painting a beautiful picture for him to stare at while he thought about the most random shit while mindlessly petting a stray cat.

Ryan let his mind wander while he hummed the sweet melody of Severe Storms to himself, his Swisher Sweet cigarette bouncing from its place in between his lips.

He slams the book on his lap closed and sat it on the empty space that Riley usually occupied next to where Bee laid, sleeping peacefully with her head resting on Ryan's hoodie covered arm.

Ryan was in love with the beat of his newest song, Severe Storms, and the lyrics that he had paired with the beautiful melody only made everything better.
Beautifully written lyrics, amazing, dark sound to go with it, and the entire idea came to him during the flood.
He genuinely couldn't wait to release this song.

Skins are gonna love this one.

                                         —
Ryan pushed his glasses back up into place on his nose while he prepared the food for his favorite horse, Raine.

He added a bit of grass and grain in with the hay and spun around to refill the water trough.

"Raine, you're such a sweet mare.."

The latch on the big white double doors that led to the stables Ryan and Raine were in moved, faint squeaks and squeals coming from the old metal as a key turned in the lock.

"Motherfuckin' door." Delilah mumbled to herself under her breath while she messed with the lock, trying to get the door open.

She didn't hear Ryan's footsteps getting closer, or didn't acknowledge his presence until she stumbled with the door as it opened. Delilah almost fell into his arms, but she grabbed onto the now open door to regain her balance.

"Sorry." She said, a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment flooded her brain. "I didn't mean to-"

"You're late." He says flatly.

"It's eight ten."

"Same difference. You're workin' with Cash today, he's a pain in the ass."

"Jeez, thanks for the easy second day."

"No problem, shawty. Get to work."

Delilah just now realized he had led her to a stall that was admittedly dirty, and inside the stall was a dark, brooding stallion.

The horse looked to be a young Gypsy Vanner, a beautiful one at that.

The stallion was black, and medium sized white spots littered the horse's velvety fur. Cash's mane was long and all black, and looked to be very soft and silky. Cash was quite a tall horse, and seemed like as sweetheart but behind the sickly sweet facade Cash was an asshole.

"He can't be that bad."

"He is, without a doubt that bad and worse."

Four hours later