-46-

Delilah yawned, dropping her phone down on the bed beside her. She rolled over onto her back and stretched both arms out above her head with a big smile on her face. Her calico kitten climbed up onto her chest and meowed as if demanding her bowl to be refilled though she was just fed twenty minutes ago. She petted the sweet baby's fur and kissed the top of her head when her phone buzzed from beside her. As soon as she felt the faint buzz from her phone, she rolled back over on her side-careful to not harm the burnt looking cat in the process- and grabbed her phone.

A shit eating grin formed on her lips, aimed at her phone screen before tapping the newest notification- a text from none other than her redheaded cowboy in dirty blue jeans, Ryan.

Churchman🌾

How you been feeling baby?

Delilah

Surprisingly, pretty good.

I haven't puked yet so at least one thing's going my way.

Churchman🌾

Good.

You got any plans for today?

Delilah

Yeah. I'm going over to my friends house, I haven't seen her in a while.

Do you?

Churchman🌾

Yes ma'am. I have a shit ton of stuff to do on the ranch today and one of the truck's has a shitty serpentine belt I gotta fix.

Delilah

Which truck?

Churchman🌾

Which one do you think?

He doesn't give her enough time to respond before her phone chimes with another text.

The F-350 again.

Delilah

If it gives u fits call me,

And don't do nothing stupid, I'll be too far to bail you out of jail or drive you to the hospital.

Churchman🌾

Yes ma'am, I'll be on my best behavior while you're gone.

I'll see ya later angel, I love you.

He followed up the message with a heart emoji and another one blowing a kiss. Delilah smiled down at her phone before she replied, and returned those three simple words and a little red heart of her own.

After taking a shower and finishing her hair and makeup, Delilah grabs an old backpack from the darkest back corner of her closet and stuffs a weeks worth of clothes inside, then drops it onto her bed. The bed groans under the weight of the behemoth of an old backpack. All she needed to do now was grab an extra pair of shoes, stuff her makeup into the front pocket and grab her phone and its charger off the nightstand and drop those into their designated spots inside the bag.

She'd brought her brown Silverado around front ten minutes earlier and when she parked it, pressed lock twice then remote started it so it'd be cold by the time she got back outside. Her other two trucks were left under Zach's watch for the week while she was in Nashville with Cadi and her fiancé. He couldn't drive them by himself, but could take them if Sam went too. She made sure to drill that into his head so she didn't get one of her own trucks impounded.