My Funky Valentine

Author's Note

I skipped the 'Fifteen Percent' episode because I didn't know how to fit Vanessa into my story. It's more of a Manny episode anyway. I like to follow the episodes, but I also like to do my own thing. I skipped the "Moon Landing" episode too. Since it is my birthday today, I'm going to give you guys 3 chapters that's already written. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter! 😊

•          •           •

It's Valentine's Day today. One of the most romantic days of the year.

Typically, on these days, I spend them all alone by myself. Being sad and single. But now thanks to Will, I have a boyfriend because of him and I'm in a relationship.

I love him so much and I know he feels the same way.

Today I think it's time to take our relationship to the next level. It'll be the perfect day to do it.

I'm ready.

I just hope Will wants the same thing too.

Entering the kitchen, I see my mother putting on a pair of earrings. They look new. I don't think I've seen them before.

"Vanessa, look at my earrings that Jay bought me." Mom proudly shows them off to me.

"They look really nice on you, Mom," I compliment. "Do you two have anything planned for today?"

"We're going to see David Brenner," Jay smiles. I know I have a clueless look on my face. "You have no idea who that is, do you?"

"No, but I know who David Archuleta is." I smirk playfully.

"David Brenner is a comedian."

"Comedians aren't really Mom's thing..."

"She'll love him."

I roll my eyes. "Well, I hope you lovebirds enjoy your day. I'm going to be at Will's."

"What are you two going to do?" Mom asks curiously.

"I actually don't know," I say honestly. Will and I haven't really talked about it before what we're going to do today. "But I want to give my gift to him."

"What is it?" She asks excitedly.

I can't exactly tell my mother the truth that I want to have sex with Will for the first time on Valentine's Day, now can I?

"It's a book series that he likes," I say with a shrug. "I think I'm going to spend all day with him. Is it okay if I can...sleep over?" I nervously ask and bite my bottom lip.

"Oh, Vanessa, I don't know..." Mom answers, being unsure.

"Why not?" I ask, getting defensive but I can't help it. "Don't you trust me?"

"It's the boyfriend we don't." Jay says sternly.

"Oh, come on! It's not like Will is Dylan! They're both different. If you should trust Dylan or Will, it should be Will. We've been dating for almost a year and haven't been to each other's house. You two like his parents and they like you. And-"

"Okay, stop. I get it." Jay stops me, looking a little irritated at my rant.

"Are Will's parents going to be home?" Mom asks seriously.

"Yes." I answer. Honestly, I don't know, but I think they should be. "Will has a guest bedroom so I can sleep in there-"

"Yeah, right." Jay doubts, chuckling.

"What? That he has a guest bedroom?"

"No, that you're actually going to sleep in there." He retorts and I roll my eyes.