Lifetime Supply

It's around ten pm and I'm just laying on my bed watching TV. Then my little brother comes to my bedroom standing by the doorway in a ridiculous outfit. He's wearing a stereotypical, preppy golf outfit just so he can look like Matt Damon in Bagger Vance.

"Well, what do you think?" Manny asks, doing a pose to show off. "Do I look like him?"

"Yeah, Manny, you look just like Matt Damon." I humor him sarcastically, but that just flies right over his head because he thinks I'm being serious.

"Really? Thanks!" He says excitedly. "I'm going to downstairs to see if Jay and Mom can tell too." 

Manny leaves and I turn the TV off to follow him because I do not want to miss Jay's reaction.

They are in the kitchen and Jay is working on his computer with Stella sitting next to him on the other chair. Of course. Mom is washing the dishes. 

"Hey, Jay, this is what I'm wearing for golfing tomorrow," Manny tells him. "Wanted to give you a heads up in case there's some overlap."

"What are you going for here?" Jay asks.

"Matt Damon in Bagger Vance. You didn't get that?" He answers with disappointment.

 "I did. I think you look just like him." Mom says, smiling. But I highly doubt that she knows who Matt Damon even is in that movie.

"It's the whole reason I asked you to teach me to golf."

"Of course it was." I mutter. Manny cares way more about fashion than I do.

"Any sport where you can wear this, I'm in."

Suddenly, someone rings the doorbell.

"Who is that? It's 10:00 at night." Mom is confused, looking at her watch.

"I'll get it." Manny says.

"Hold on, Gatsby." Jay is about to get the door, but we hear a voice from the other side.

"Hola! It's Javier! Open up!" We hear my father. 

I always have mixed feelings when he shows up at the house to visit us. Never know what to expect with him.

"Dad!" Manny is excited and rushes over to the door to let him in.

"There's my campeón!" Dad hugs Manny.

"There's your black mouse." I hear Jay mutters to Mom for some reasons.

"Where's my other campeón?" Dad has his arm wide open for me to hug. Since he's my father, I hug him anyway. I do miss him and love him a lot no matter how he is as a person. 

"Hi, Dad," I  hug him at his other side. It's a big hugging fest with me, Dad, and Manny. "What brings you here in town?"

"Well, I missed yours and Manny's birthday, plus I have a free week." I remember how very upset Manny was when Dad missed his birthday and Dad had to call him as a way to make it up for it. But at least Manny got a call. Dad just missed my seventeenth birthday and I didn't get a thing from him. I was always jealous about Manny for that.

"You're staying a week?" Jay asks, sounding surprised then mutters something into Mom's ear.

Dad wrapping his arm around Manny's shoulder and his other arm around mine. "So, niños, tomorrow, in honor of Manny becoming a man, and Vanessa becoming a woman, I am taking you two to the racetrack to enjoy the sport of kings, hm?"

"That's so cool!" Manny says excitedly.

"Actually, Manny and I have plans to play golf tomorrow." Jay says to him.