Dude Ranch

My family and I are going on a vacation right now and we're heading to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We're on a plane and Scarlett is terrified of them. She doesn't want to sit next to the window, so I do instead. Scarlett's fear of planes are mostly due to heights and if something malfunctions and we all just crash, burn, and die. The turbulences are the worst for her.

Scarlett and Claire have the fear of flying in common.

"We are going to begin our initial descent into Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Thank you for flying United." The captain announces.

"Are we going to land?" Scarlett panics. It's like the hundredth time she has asked that. She would ask that any time there was a turbulence in fear that we might crash.

"Yes." I answer looking out at the window and see we're going to land. The plane is slowly meeting the ground.

"Oh, god..." She groans. "I really hate landing."

"We'll be fine, Scarlett." I assure her. I've always been comforting her ever since we were at the airport. I totally understand her fear of flying and planes. I just hate how much it makes her get scared.

"I hope so," It starts to get bumpy as we're going to land. She sucks in a harsh gasp and immediately grabs my hand. She tightly squeezes on it. It hurts, but I try not to mind. "Here it comes."

There's a big bumps once the plane hits the runway and we're slowly stopping to land correctly. I look over at Scarlett who has her eyes squeezed shut the entire time. She released a sigh of relief and open her eyes as soon as the plane had parked.

"I made it." Scarlett says in disbelief.

"You are very brave." I compliment.

We get our bags and suitcases as we board off the plane. As soon as we walk into the open air, all of us are stunned at the beauty of the town we're in. Gorgeous nature with beautiful mountains.

Lily is looking totally adorable in her cowgirl costume. Mom wants her ears to pop open, so she can't hear right now. That'll be just great. And Dylan is even with us because Haley wanted him too. I guess I can't complain about that too much because Scarlett is along with me.

"Oh, look at those horses." Scarlett admires, pointing them out.

"Yeah, they do look very beautiful." I agree.

"I've always wanted to learn to ride a horse."

We approach the Dunphy's where they are appreciating the view. 

"I've never been this far from home before," Dylan says. He takes one step forward. "Now I've never been this far," Then he takes another step. "Now I've never been this far."

"You had to take him, didn't you?" I mutter to Haley with an eyebrow raised.

She just shrugs.

"Where's a cliff when you need one?" I can hear Claire mutter to Phil.

"Look, kids! A real life cowboy!" Jay exclaims and we look at a guy riding with his horse to us.

The cowboy stops and grabs out a small axe.

"What is he going to do with that?" Alex wonders.

"Cut off our heads? I hope." Scarlett mutters bitterly. I give her a look for saying that.

The reason why she's been acting like that is because her parents got a divorce. She's been upset and angry about it ever since. Her parents kept fighting, and what really was the final straw, is when her father cheated on her mother with her so-called best friend. Scarlett can't stand the tension and anger at her household anymore, and just needs a place to escape. I beg Mom and Jay that we can bring her with us to our vacation. Thankfully, they allow me to bring her along since Dylan is coming with us.