83: Ride on Shooting Star

The night was quiet and calm.

The constant sounds of crickets could be heard singing their serenade in the grass and a gentle breeze blew through the air, that helped bring some cool to the otherwise warm night.

It's a beautiful night out as Kyōjurō smiled, whilst gazing up into the celestial body filled with twinkling stars.

There's always something so mesmerizing about space that filled him with such wonder and joy; with such light and energy, that it'd never failed to put a smile on his face.

"Rengoku-san?"

Kyōjurō smiled upon hearing Tanjirō's soft voice and averted his golden eyes to see the young boy walking up to him. The young was carrying the kusuri-bako (medicine box) that'd contained his little sister, Nezuko.

"What is it, Kamado my boy?"

Stopping once he got closer, Tanjirō smiles, "umm..I just wanted to let you know that my friends and I are getting ready to leave." He says, somewhat timidly.

"Is that so?"

"Y-yeah. We'd finally found a ryokan we can stay in." He explains, before bowing his head respectively, "thank you for letting us stay with you and your wife. We really appreciate your kindness and hospitality." Tanjirō thanks him.

"Thank you for everything."

At that, Kyōjurō smiles wider, really moved by his young Kōhai's words as he released a hearty laugh.

"Haha~ you're very much welcome, young Kamado! You and your friends are always welcome here anytime or any day." Kyōjurō tells him.

For a moment, neither of them spoke at all as Kyōjurō returns his gaze back to the stars above. It was almost as if they were just taking in each other's presence and Tanjirō marveled how his senpai's golden and red eyes gleam fiercely in the night, but the look in them is as gentle and soft as it always is.

Tanjirō also glances up at the darkened sky above and smiled, seeing that it's indeed a beautiful starry night out.

"Oh wow." the young boy marvels, seeing the sky full of little sparkles of light.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Kyōjurō asked, keeping his gaze glued to the sky.

"Yes," Tanjirō murmurs, mostly to himself and stares mindlessly into sparkling, inky blues of the night.

Even more twinkling lights of stars seemed to appear and break up the inky blackness. A warmth fixes itself within Tanjirō's chest, as he watches a single star shift and passed over all of the other stars, creating a trail of light behind as it falls and quickly vanishes into nothingness.

A shooting star.

"Did you see that?" Tanjirō's voice breaks the silence as he turns and glances at his senpai with bewilderment shining in his eyes.

Kyōjurō can't help but let out a laugh, before nodding in affirmation as a gentle breeze blows through the blonde and red tresses of his hair.

"Did you make a wish?" He asked the young warrior.

"Huh?"