𝒊. flying amongst the clouds

one

one. flying amongst the clouds

            JUNIPER WOULD NEVER FORGET THE RAW BLISS SHE WAS IN BEING ACCEPTED INTO THE OMATICAYA CLAN. The girl worked so hard for the moment to happen, and when it did, she felt her life was complete—a feeling that Juniper couldn't put into words. She was proud to call herself a part of the Omaticaya, "you are now a daughter of the Omaticaya. You are a part of the people."

      Those words inevitably brought content to the little girl's heart. Since being locked up and treated as a science experiment, Juniper was grateful to have the feeling of a family. A clan that she would stand by and fight. No matter the risk.

      Juniper was a warrior, and the Na'vi were quick to see it. Her past didn't make the Vespera girl who she was, and Juniper made sure of it. She proved to herself, time and time again, that she was worth more than what the sky people gave her. Juniper barely remembered her old life before becoming Na'vi—and if she was honest, she didn't want to.

      The only thing she cherished from the memories she obtained was a man: Mateo Vespera. Juniper was a fast learner so realising that he was her father didn't take long. Through the mere memories, she felt how much he loved her, despite her condition as a human. The sickness that plagued her health, deteriorating her life away.

      Mateo lived in her head when she was alone. Her mind only travelled to the father she once had. No matter how much the girl wanted to meet him, Juniper couldn't. For two reasons. The first being that he was shot in front of her when she had first opened her eyes in a new body that she was unfamiliar with in the past, and two: if Mateo were alive, he'd be on Earth.

      Earth—the planet that had no more green. Juniper heard the stories about how much it was a beautiful planet before—full of life. Animals and plants decorated the world. But when Juniper was born, Earth was dying. No resources to inhabit itself or the life that lived among it. Maybe that was the reason Juniper got sick in the first place—due to the lack of life that the planet possessed.