𝒊𝒙. when hell freezes over

nine

nine. when hell freezes over

            THE SUN BROKE AGAINST THE SKIES OF PANDORA, LIGHTING UP THE FORESTS. Juniper's ears perched in her sleep and tilted to the side, where she heard a beeping noise. Groggily opening her eyes, the sound was distorted as if it weren't real, but Juniper's breathing became erratic as she returned to her senses from waking up. She clearly heard the beeping of machinery and the roars of engines. Before the Vespera girl knew it, the trees started to fall in front of her eyes.

      Juniper gasped in fear at the sight of bulldozers travelling towards the girl. Quickly surveying the area, she ran to Jake's side, who was still unconscious. Juniper placed her hands against his shoulders and frantically shook the man, hoping he would wake up. She noticed her attempts were coming to no avail and Juniper firmly shouted, "Jake, wake up!" Her gaze continued to switch between the incoming bulldozers and over to Jake, "Please, Jake, wake up!"

      As the Vespera girl started getting the idea that the man wasn't going to wake up in time before the bulldozers came, she began to pull the man away from the danger. The surrounding trees fell to the ground, causing the floor beneath them to shake. Jake was lifeless as Juniper struggled to pull him away, not having enough strength as she was smaller in comparison to the Sully man.

      Juniper cried as she pulled Jake's body over one of the branches, becoming out of breathe—not only from the efficient amount of muscle she had to use to get Jake out of the way but also from her hyperventilating of the fear that coursed through her body. She watched with raw emotions tightening her chest as her home was being destroyed. One of the many sacred spots Pandora inhabited. 

      Despite the urgency of trying to get her and Jake out of the way, the bulldozers were ultimately getting closer than before. Juniper hit Jake against his chest as hard as she could, trying to get the man to wake up. When that didn't work, she went back to yelling, "Come on, Jake. Please. Ja ...—Dad, wake up!"