𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. protective siblings

twenty three

twenty three. protective siblings

SINCE ARRIVING AT THE METKAYINA CLAN, LE'AH WAS GROWING TIRED OF ALL THE TRAINING THEY WERE PUSHED TO BE DOING. From learning how to do sign language to riding an ilu. Le'ah was annoyed at the fact that she just couldn't seem to grasp the concept of it. Before she could even mount an ilu for the first time, she slipped from how smooth the creature's skin was.

The comments that were said about Le'ah didn't help in the slightest. It made her more pissed off than she was prior. Though the Sully girl found it funny how the reef Na'vi thought that she didn't know what they said behind her back, whenever her name was spilled out of someone else's mouth, her ears would perk up and catch the sentence being spoken.

She knew from the moment she got here that she wasn't going to be 'accepted'. Since Le'ah's hand was raised in front of the crowd of the Metkayina people, being labelled as demon blood, she knew that this wasn't a place where she was going to feel like she was home. Instead, a place that reminded her of how much she was an outcast.

As the days began to blur together since they arrived, Jake and Neytiri noticed the off behaviour of their middle daughter. They saw the mischief in her eyes starting to fade and be replaced by aggravation. Not only had her parents caught on, but her siblings had as well.

Lo'ak didn't just see it but felt it.

Le'ah partially hated that part of the bond they seemed to share—a gift from Eywa, their grandmother had called it. She couldn't hide how she felt without Lo'ak knowing, and if there was one thing about Le'ah, she hated speaking of her troubles. She didn't want to burden people with her problems, yet Lo'ak didn't care.

When he felt the slightest change in his sister, he'd immediately try to do anything in hopes to get her back to feeling like her old self. However, as much as Lo'ak tried and persisted in helping the girl out, Le'ah was keen to learn herself. It was a stubborn flaw that Le'ah possessed.