𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊. we've been here before

thirty one

thirty one. we've been here before

WHEN EVERYBODY WAS ON ALERT ABOUT NETEYAM BEING SHOT, THEY WERE QUICK TO RUSH HIM ONTO THE ILU THAT TSIREYA ONCE MOUNTED. Lo'ak bonded with the creature, treading through the water with tremendous speed, Spider held onto Neteyam from behind, a hand pressed against his wound with the help of the injured boy, and Le'ah and Tsireya held onto the side, adding extra support in helping Neteyam stay boarded on the ilu.

Le'ah's blood was filled with panic and caught sight of her father as she waved her hand in mid-air and caught his attention. Jake rushed off his skimming, reaching the side of the rock he stood on as the kids aided in getting Neteyam off the ilu, keeping his head out of the water as the older boy was already struggling with his breath. Le'ah heard Lo'ak's shouts, warning them to watch for Neteyam's head and lift him up.

Jake was swift to pocket his arms under Neteyam's, raising him out of the water as the others got a good grip on the boy, placing him into the solid ground softly. Now that Neteyam was out of the water and Le'ah had a clear view of the blood pouring from his wound, her heart quickened its pace, feeling as though it could jump out of her chest at any given moment. Jake panted heavy breaths, gently turning his son to the side to inspect if the bullet had penetrated through—to his dismay, it had.

The metal was cold, as well as the air that met with her wound. Jake rushed to her side, and so did Neytiri. Jake cupped the girl's cheek, slightly shaking her head as he saw her eyes groggily open. The Sully man tilted the girl to the side, checking the back of the injury Juniper sustained as her breathing was rushed. Her eyes gazed up at Neytiri and Jake, a sad smile present.

Seemingly, it had all come crashing down on the Sully man as he stared into his son's agonised expression. It felt like the whole incident with Juniper was recurring once more. And the man couldn't help the self-loath eat at his chest, had he learned nothing? He shook himself out of his thoughts, knowing that Neteyam's life was on the line. He reached for Lo'ak's hands on the other side of him, lowering them to Neteyam's wound, "pressure. Get pressure on it!"