𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. peace beginning to fade

twenty nine

twenty nine. peace beginning to fade

            A TULKUN WAS FOUND DEAD, KILLED BY THE SKY PEOPLE. Le'ah stood amongst the crowd of the Metkayina, shouting out battle cries as they were hungry for revenge on the sky people for taking Ronal's spirit sister and her baby. Though Le'ah saw the effect it was having on Tsireya—her eyes brimmed with tears as soft facial expressions were plastered on her face, in comparison to her clan.

      Le'ah rubbed the girl's shoulders in solace, holding her close to her chest. Tsireya was thankful to have the girl that grew to be her best friend hold her tightly, whispering soothing sayings. Jake yelled at the enraged Na'vi, trying to knock some sense into them, "you have to understand how the sky people think," He attempted to reason, "they don't care about the great balance. The sky people are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning. You've got to tell your Tulkun to leave. You gotta tell them to go far away!"

      Ronal inched forward, repeating Jake's words with disbelief laced in her tone, "'leave?' You live among us, and you learned nothing!" Le'ah took a heavy puff as the Metkayina had their minds made up—to fight for their brothers and sisters. Once again, the reef people ululated their cries.

      Jake was keen on calming down the Metkayina people, thinking about their decision as Jake knew from experience himself. He would think about the people that died when the war against the sky people began—he constantly thought of Juniper. Jake shook his head, "no, no, no. If you attack, if you fight ... then they will destroy you. They will destroy everything that you love!"

      Le'ah noticed Ronal's action of placing her hand over her pregnant stomach, the girl's heart clenching at the sight. The Metkayina was just scared. Scared for their Tulkun, their home, and their people. And Le'ah knew the fear they felt all too well. Jake continued his yelling for the people to listen to him whilst Neteyam spoke calmly to the Metkayina, the tracker found on the tulkun clutched in his grasp.