𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. becoming a man

eight

eight. becoming a man

            JAKE WAS READY TO BECOME OMATICAYA. Juniper would never forget the ceremony that contributed to her becoming one of the people. And now it was Jake's turn. From the first time they two had met, the Vespera girl realised the growth Jake had achieved from knowing nothing about being Na'vi to now.

      It brought Juniper content and a sense of pride to watch Jake come out into the open, where all of the Omaticaya clan stood, waiting for him. He locked eyes with the Vespera girl as he stood there, taking in his surroundings. Juniper had a smile on her face when Jake returned with Neytiri close behind him. The Sully man couldn't believe how far he had come—the whole reason he was introduced and the people he was about to become a part of was to study their ways and get them to leave hometree before the sky people would invade.

      But now, as he took in the faces of the Na'vi, he was home. Pandora was his home. Neytiri was his home—a special person that he'd never thought he'd find. And Juniper, a girl that he felt protected over as if she were his own. As he walked into the centre, the white paint covering his body, he faced Etyukan.

      It was said by the Na'vi that every man was born twice: the second time being when you earn your place amongst the people forever. First, Juniper had experienced it, and now it was Jake's turn as the Olo'teykan spoke the same words he had said when he brought Juniper into their clan, "you are now a son of the Omaticaya. You are a part of the people," The leader placed his hands against Jake's chest with his head raised high.

      The action was quickly replicated by Neytiri standing by Jake's side, meeting his eye with a warm grin. Once Mo'at placed her hands on Jake, the rest of the Na'vi copied. Jake felt small hands being pressed against his back and peered behind his shoulder. He slightly caught sight of Juniper, who hadn't torn her gaze away from the man, a beam like none that Jake saw on the girl's face was plastered.