𝒙. got a sense i've been betrayed

ten

tengot a sense i've been betrayed

GRACE AND JAKE WOKE UP WITH A JOLT, SENDING NEYTIRI AND JUNIPER ON ALERT. The two collectively agreed that they wouldn't leave the pair until they had woken up, and when they finally did, Jake explained how the sky people were planning to invade and destroy hometree. The group walked down the heights of their home, meeting with the Olo'ektyan and the Tsahik.

Neytiri called for her parents, causing them to turn and face the awoke Jake Sully, "Etyukan, I have something to say," Grace urged them to listen. Once Jake got permission to speak, the man announced, "a great evil is upon us. The sky people are coming to destroy Hometree," Jake hurriedly faced Neytiri, "tell them they're gonna be here soon. You have to leave, or you're gonna die."

Juniper puckered her brows at the unsteady feeling in her chest when she heard the last word of Jake's sentence. Die. The Vespera girl realised how much she feared the idea of death—from being someone that experienced a pain-free death in her old life, it wasn't something she worried about. But now, as she stared into the people's faces, Neytiri's and Jake's—Juniper came to the realisation that she didn't want to die. Everything changed.

      The Tsahik glanced between her daughter, Juniper, Jake and Grace, "are you certain of this?"

Jake paused at the question, having something to get off his chest. Though Jake was hesitant as he knew this would change everything that they believed in him. He panted, "look, they sent me here to learn your ways so one day I could bring this message and that you would believe it."

Juniper stared at the man, recognition plastering her face. To herself, Juniper shook her head and took a couple steps back away from Jake in disbelief. She couldn't have been right from the beginning. The Vespera girl couldn't bring herself to accept the situation at hand. Neytiri stepped in front of Jake, her hands pressing against his shoulders as she inspected his face, "what are you saying, Jake? You knew this would happen?"