𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. sullys stick together

twenty two

twenty two. sullys stick together

SHORTLY AFTER, TSIREYA LEFT THE SULLYS TO UNPACK FROM THEIR LONG FLIGHT. The Metkayina girl had also told the kids that they would be training with her and Ao'nung tomorrow morning after getting some rest. Jake called out to his family, telling them to fall in. Neteyam grasped the arm of Lo'ak as Le'ah had just sat down, "remember? Family meeting?"

Neteyam and Lo'ak sat down on both sides of Le'ah. The girl had her head down, staring at the floor of their pod that Tsireya showed them, welcoming them to their new home. Le'ah hated how quick the teenage girl was to call the said place home. It felt foreign to Le'ah. She missed the forest and her routine of sneaking out with her twin brother to ride their ikrans. Yet, she didn't say anything.

Jake crouched in front of his kids, sighing, "Okay, I need you, kids, on your best behaviour. I mean it," He firmly stated, "learn fast, pull your weight, don't cause trouble, got it?" He asked, pointing his gaze towards the twins sitting next to each other.

They both glanced at each other, bowing their heads in a head and chorused, "yes, sir," From beside them, Neteyam grinned at his siblings, stretching out his hand. The older brother's arm extended over Le'ah's shoulder and gripped the back of Lo'ak's head. The boy hissed, tearing himself out of his brother's grip. Le'ah fought back the snicker tickling at the back of his throat. Instead of copying Lo'ak's actions, she soothed in the boy's embrace, shuffling closer to the boy.

Neteyam smiled down at his sister before his eyes wandered in front of him when Tuk spoke out, her voice slightly shaking, "I want to go home," The older siblings of the young girl's expressions softened when they saw and heard the sobs leaving the girl's small frame. Le'ah sighed deeply, glancing back at the floor and relishing her brother's warmth.

"Tuk," Jake whispered softly, grasping his youngest daughter's hand and sighing conflicted, "this is our home now. We're gonna get through this," He spoke up, his voice coming back to its normal volume as he peered at his mate and kids. Jake knew how hard this could be as it was hard for him. It was hard to leave the place that reminded him so much of Juniper and her free spirit. But his family's safety was his priority, and nothing would change that, "we're gonna get through this if we have each other's backs, right?"